Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

I need some advice please!!!

(16 Posts)
JellyNump Mon 12-Feb-07 22:03:01

This doesn't have anything to do with DH wanting to split up, this is somethingtat has been going on for a while and I'm really confused by it. I work in a travel agency in a shopping centre and directly opposite our shop/office window is an 'Med food' stall that comes on Thurs/Fri/Sat and has been for a few years. When I was pregnant with dd (from about aug 05 - jan 06, when i left on M leave) there was a bloke who worked on the stall thurs a.m and fri all day. while pregnant i got a really bad cold, the type where you can't breathe without yr mouth open, can't smell, taste or hear a thing, so I asked if they sold chillis or something i thought may help clear my nose, he let me taste some chillis and peppers etc and 'tried' to make conversation with me and then every week would say hello and give me a free pepper, or once i looked up and he was looking at me thru the window and so i waved etc and he used to ask me how i was etc and ask about the 'bump'. When i got back from maternity leave he was still there but didn't talk at all even tho i would say hello if i saw him, however i did look up a few times and he was looking right at me. He is online on 'myspace' and let me add him to my list but will not reply to any of my messages, even if i just ask how he is, and he has now left the stall. I'm confused, have i dont something wrong? does he have a weird fetish for pregnant women? why wont he talk to me?

1sue1 Mon 12-Feb-07 22:28:33

Why are you even bothered about him, are you hoping for something more?

Carmenere Mon 12-Feb-07 22:30:46

Em do you not think it is because you are unavailable and whilst he might fancy you he doesn't actually want to be friends.

Muminfife Mon 12-Feb-07 23:26:12

Message withdrawn

bellarosa Mon 12-Feb-07 23:39:50

there was a bloke who used to hang around the showers after my aquanatal class and try to chat up all the preggers ladies! it was very weird! but..
i think the man your talking about probably fancies you, but now youve had baby, maybe he realises that his flirtation was a bit silly, as your clearly unavailable and he shouldnt meddle.. maybe?

colditz Mon 12-Feb-07 23:43:45

I used to work with a bloke while pregnant with ds1, who, when i started to show, was suddenly all over me like a rash! It was the strangest thing.

He was, of course, a Prevert and a PEEEEdo, but I enjoyed it at the time

ShinyHappyPeopleSharingKisses Mon 12-Feb-07 23:54:11

You enjoyed being flirted with by a pervert and a paedo Colditz, are you kidding?? And how do you know he was a paedo.. being turned on by pregnant women doesn't equate to having a thing about kids does it???

Jelly I think he sounds a bit creepy tbh, (well that's IMO).. and also (IMO) maybe you should be concentrating on the issues at home rather than worrying about the chilli pepper bloke..

colditz Tue 13-Feb-07 08:16:08

Shiny, I was being sarcastic. he wasn't really a pervert or a paedo. he was quite a nice man. But some people get frothy at the thought of men wanting anything more than vanilla

ShinyHappyPeopleSharingKisses Tue 13-Feb-07 17:30:54

Oh sorry Colditz.. that's ok then

Bucketsofdynomite Tue 13-Feb-07 17:43:10

Maybe he's unavailable (or even not into women) and he's just a nice bloke who would give any friendly pregnant customer the odd freebie.

ginnedupmummy Tue 13-Feb-07 17:56:56

Message withdrawn

JellyNump Sat 17-Feb-07 23:58:53

I do quite fancy him something rotten tho

JellyNump Sun 18-Feb-07 16:13:31

I don't think he has a g/f, maybe he does

jenwa Sun 18-Feb-07 16:29:43

Why dont you just ask him when you see him/mail him next? Ask him why he no longer speaks to you? Ask him if he remembers who you are?

Bucketsofdynomite Sun 18-Feb-07 17:13:59

That's a bit confrontational though, I'd be bloody terrified if I were him, especially if he has to work right in front of her! He's clearly not interested, she should leave the poor guy alone before she becomes a stalker LOL.

JellyNump Tue 20-Feb-07 22:50:43

He no longer works there and i have asked him, he didnt reply

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now