Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Help me cheer up DH

(6 Posts)
mumhum Thu 10-Nov-16 10:31:58

DH has been working very hard and it's been a tough few months with young DC too. I really want to do something to cheer him up and show him how much we all love him. We live abroad and whilst we know some babysitters, none we can leave the DC with during the day or to put them to bed. I am currently a SAHM so have the time to prepare a surprise or something but I am not the most creative of people so I am a bit stuck how to make it all special. I enjoy cooking and have made his favourite meals (when I can get the ingredients in this expensive country!) but would like to do something different. Any ideas much appreciated.

jeaux90 Thu 10-Nov-16 11:11:41

How about a weekend afternoon trip to the cinema? That's not too expensive, you can get a baby sitter for a couple of hours during the day and it's a bit of an indulgence when you have kids. Really nice of you by the way, it's the small kind things after all that matter x

mumhum Thu 10-Nov-16 11:25:32

That's a good idea jeaux, there's a cinema which shiws films in English sometimes so if he could get time off on a school/nursery day that might be dosble.

jeaux90 Thu 10-Nov-16 12:08:58

Are you put in the gulf? I was in Qatar for 3 years and it amused me that they edited out anything vaguely sexual but didn't mind a whole load of violence grin. Cinema is a nice indulgence but maybe others have some other ideas x

mumhum Thu 10-Nov-16 12:44:51

No we're in Europe, weather very cold and wet at the moment 🌧🌨

jeaux90 Thu 10-Nov-16 12:52:50

Freezing here too, it could be worse, we could have Trump as prime minster grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now