Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Birthday party's and ex

(2 Posts)
Justnotsure123 Wed 09-Nov-16 20:09:58

AIBU to feel frustrated?
We've been split up for nearly two years after his affair . He chose to leave.
(Just including this information in case it helps to answer)
Dd is due to have her birthday soon and she wants a party and he wants to come, join me in organising and help anyway he can? It's a reasonable request, I know that but last year when my daughter had her birthday he didn't come to see her just waited for his next visit, she had a party and he didn't want to attend and the same for my son.

I feel sad that last year,their first birthdays we weren't a family and he couldn't make the effort,he was too engrossed in his new life to really care.
And despite this I know I should let him do as he has asked by why now nearly two years on has he decided he should be a part of things..

category12 Wed 09-Nov-16 20:22:04

Pfft. (at him, not you).

This is entirely up to you. You don't have to accept his input: he can organise something for her himself.

If you want to do the 'amicable parenting' thing of having him attend the party and help out, that's good too - but if you're not happy about it, you don't have to. He can take her out somewhere nice (with or without a couple of her friends or whatever) - he doesn't have to be included in something you're arranging.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now