Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Making a court application and representing myself

(8 Posts)
Nooneofnote Tue 08-Nov-16 08:50:02

Has anyone done this? I need to apply for a non molestation order and to arrange child contact.

Have been through courts once with representation. I can't afford one again.

Any advice much appreciated

userformallyknownasuser1475360 Tue 08-Nov-16 09:07:03

You should be able to get represented through the legal aid scheme if you cannot afford a solicitor

c3pu Tue 08-Nov-16 09:14:15

You can only get legal aid if there has been DV or child protection concerns.

To apply for a child arrangements order you need to fill out 3 copies of form C100 and file them at your local office of the family court, the fee is £215 for this.

Nooneofnote Tue 08-Nov-16 10:59:14

Thank you, I received some legal aid previously due to dv but paid a contribution.

It's 3 years down line now so can't be linked I don't think.

Can't afford the fees right now

userformallyknownasuser1475360 Tue 08-Nov-16 11:05:52

Surely you wouldn't be lodging an no application unless there was DV or some form of harassment

Nooneofnote Tue 08-Nov-16 12:44:52

There is harassment, via text mostly.

As it was previously when non mol was granted. From what I understand the new harrassment would need to be within a time frame related to previous application.

VivienneWestwoodsKnickers Tue 08-Nov-16 12:48:39

Have you reported it to the police?

Nooneofnote Tue 08-Nov-16 14:58:20

I plan to report to the police, although doing so previously served no purpose. That's when I went to court.

He couldn't really care less about Police I don't think but the non mol stopped things.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now