Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Casual relationship with ex...

(6 Posts)
casualbikeride Mon 07-Nov-16 19:09:45

I'm currently nearly 3 months into a 'casual' set up with my ex. We were together for 8 months previously and then split for 3 due to him relocating abroad. He got in contact on his return and we decided on this set up. Casual for now...

Whilst it is working I do know that my feelings never really went. I feel awful every time he leaves after we get together. We message constantly and see each other maybe once a week.

In my head I feel like I should stop things now. My heart is hanging onto it though.

Wwyd??

OohhThatsMe Mon 07-Nov-16 19:11:27

You need to end it. It's very damaging to put yourself in a position like that when you love him but he's happy with no-strings-attached sex. You risk your emotional health and your physical health, too, if he's sleeping with other women.

TheNaze73 Mon 07-Nov-16 19:13:31

I don't think whatever he'll offer you, will be enough. He's using you for sex.
How will you feel when he meets someone, he seems worthy of being a girlfriend rather than just his Mid week fuck?
Don't put yourself through this. You deserve than to be more than one of his "reserves" like a lot of single blokes have

WaxingNinja Mon 07-Nov-16 19:13:58

Sounds like he decided on a casual set up and you went along with it knowing it's not really what you want.

You're on a path to heartbreak and you know it.

What would I do? Stop letting him use me as his once a week casual shag.

HostaFireAndIce Mon 07-Nov-16 19:34:55

He got in contact on his return and we decided on this set up.
You don't say how this was decided. Was it his idea or yours? Is there a chance he feels the same as you do, but is afraid to say so because he thinks you want to keep it casual? Is there any chance of it working or does he still work abroad and you don't want to follow him?
If he wants it to be casual and you don't, then yes I think you should end it or you'll just get hurt, but I wouldn't do it without sitting him down and telling him how you feel in case he feels the same.

casualbikeride Mon 07-Nov-16 20:07:48

There could be a chance that he feels the same. He still works away but only for a few days/a week at a time now.

I know I need to end it, its just getting the courage to do it and then getting over him again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now