Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Gas lighting- so true

(2 Posts)
booboo40123 Thu 03-Nov-16 21:10:33

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/workings-well-being/201610/bringing-gaslighting-light-part-iii?utmsource=FacebookPost&utmm_medium=FBPost&utm_campaign=FBPost

I don't know whether this link will work but I found it. I am a long time lurker on Mumsnet, but this really resonates with me. When the next article comes out, I'll post it. I wonder whether this rings true for anyone else??

jamie000 Mon 07-Nov-16 10:37:40

Dear OP - Yes. This absolutely, to a tee, to an absolute pin point, describes my parents, especially my 'so called' DD. I think its part of the narcissistic trait some people (all of us to a greater or lesser extent) have. I always thought I was a shit son, too lazy, too uninterested in him, too demanding, too annoying, too whiny, too everything except fun/energetic/happy/childish! I thought he was a god that I couldn't hope to emulate and he could do no wrong. Glad I eventually saw through it, but I suspect many people never reach that stage.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now