Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Has divorced changed you ?

(2 Posts)
Pisssssedofff Thu 03-Nov-16 11:41:48

I keep thinking about this a lot.
I'm not the mother I was at all which makes me really sad, I've been throughly depressed at times, putting myself first which might sound like a good thing but wouldn't have happened and the kids would have benefitted from that had I stayed married.
Currently contemplating selling the family home, long story but it's not in an area we will ever return to.
My first thoughts, go on holiday. Would never ever have thought that way even 5 years ago. I just feel like security doesn't exist it can all be gone in a heart beat.
Anyone else feel the same ?

BitchQueen90 Thu 03-Nov-16 12:13:33

Divorce has changed me. It has made me cynical about relationships in general. However, it has also made me feel more independent, more self sufficient, etc. Swings and roundabouts.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now