Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Will I be alone forever?

(15 Posts)
RainbowCrashes Wed 02-Nov-16 23:07:10

Been on my own for 8 years. Recently braved the dating scene. 1st guy was okay didn't have that burning fire to live life, he was rather dull. Didn't sleep with him but other things did happen, more me as he wasn't experienced obviously. We decided to be friends.

2nd guy decent enough but was too obsessed with his ex wife that left. He would talk about her all the time, then felt guilty for kissing me! Needless nothing went any further.

I just feel ill be alone forever sad I no longer have real friends close by to mingle with and I won't do Internet dating as I have a violent ex who I know would be looking for me confused

What can I do I hate being on my own.

Btw I'm 30 something with children grin

Humblebee1 Wed 02-Nov-16 23:12:32

Truth is you might find someone you want to spend rest of your life with, you might not. More likely to if you are happy in yourself though, so try and not obsess over it I'd say.flowers

RainbowCrashes Wed 02-Nov-16 23:23:33

I am happy in myself. I think I'm maybe too confident! It's just being able to meet new people, which rarely happens.

Humblebee1 Wed 02-Nov-16 23:28:58

Oh well that's good Op. What will be will be. They have to be worth it remember.smile

Humblebee1 Wed 02-Nov-16 23:30:16

Try joining a new club/sport/class.?

Myusernameismyusername Wed 02-Nov-16 23:30:43

You only tried it twice?
Also you say you happy in yourself but hate being alone which is contradictory

You need to make friends not find a bloke, it's more important to have solid friendships around you. My advice to you is to focus on that as a priority and build up a social group and enjoyments x

madmother1 Wed 02-Nov-16 23:33:52

I've just met a great guy. I'm 52 and met him on POF. I am very very fussy and have been on 3 on line dates in 5 years. He was my 3rd. I just want to tell you to keep carrying on and you'll get there 😊

RainbowCrashes Wed 02-Nov-16 23:34:43

No time for clubs/classes.

I am happy in myself as in the person I am smile

Myusernameismyusername Wed 02-Nov-16 23:38:55

Literally no time to do anything to make new friends? Mothers of your DC? I think I would find that hard myself.

Myusernameismyusername Wed 02-Nov-16 23:39:14

Mother of DC friends I mean

Overthehillandroundthebend Wed 02-Nov-16 23:39:36

third time's a charm

Humblebee1 Wed 02-Nov-16 23:45:09

Yep, keep your chin up Op. Loads of benefits to being single and independent,smile, you have the added bonus of being blessed with children.
It happens you know. My best pal thought she'd never meet anyone and was sm for years without a single date and is now blissfully happen with more babies.

Humblebee1 Wed 02-Nov-16 23:46:15

Should read: blissfully HAPPY.

HeddaGarbled Wed 02-Nov-16 23:52:21

You may meet a romantic partner. You may not. No one can predict this.

But you do need friends. If you don't meet a romantic partner, you are going to have a miserable and lonely life without friends.

Don't give up with the dating but think really seriously about how to make friends as well. If you don't have time for clubs and classes, how come you have time for dates? Make time. It's important.

RainbowCrashes Thu 03-Nov-16 10:57:51

I do have friends locally but more mums of dc school friends. We moved away from all my close friends.

Clubs/classes are closely scheduled. As I work shifts I am unable to attend any!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now