Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Let's blow up a storm...

(4 Posts)
Secretsally Mon 31-Oct-16 09:08:08

This morning I am to be interviewed by the police about historical sadistic sexual/physical abuse by my father. I've no idea what to expect. No idea how well trained these police will be. I was interviewed at great length by the police as a teenager. This included medical & psychiatric examination. At the end of which they believed me and brought my father in for questioning. He admitted some things but not others. The police then came back to me and said 'He promises no to do it again' and with that they handed me back! I ran away. I've never seen him since. It's now decades later and I've had a breakdown. Help me be strong.

Offred Mon 31-Oct-16 09:12:43

Oh god! That is truly terrible. I believe the police will have made massive improvements and that is why they are wanting to speak to you again. How are you feeling about speaking to them again? You know you don't have to if it is all going to be too much you know?

Secretsally Mon 31-Oct-16 09:26:11

I need to do this, I just don't want it brushed under the carpet like last time.

Offred Mon 31-Oct-16 10:24:22

Have you got any support from victim support?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now