Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

I'm such an idiot

(2 Posts)
quietagain Fri 21-Oct-16 22:11:27

I have split up from my abusive ex and also gone LC with my abusive parents.
But I am still putting myself in a position to be hurt and used and kicked aside because the sentimental part of me still wants things to be ok.
I know, after a recent incident, that this must change but it leaves me completely on my own, with no one.
I have to cut myself off completely.

I don't know where to start because I need to be near ex so that he can see dc.
But I am not sure where to go. Already done women's aid, lots of support really amazing advice but I am really stuck as to what move to make because I can't see a way out of this horrible situation.

I feel a bit desperate to be honest and mainly really really stupid for allowing myself to be hurt again when
I should know full well that these people don't love or care about me even though I thought or hoped that they did.

quietagain Fri 21-Oct-16 22:15:26

Is it possible to have very minimal
Contact with ex/father of child (ie. Not have to speak to him much) and not affect the dc emotionally ?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now