Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Jealousy

(11 Posts)
Jaybee99 Mon 17-Oct-16 19:43:14

My Partner runs her own small business. Recently, she's had staff problems and her ex, who is otherwise a jobless layabout, has returned from abroad (Went there 'cos "GB is finished") to help her out. I work away from home Mon to Fri and this guy stays overnight all week until I come back when he stays(at her cost) in Travelodges etc. My problem is that it does my head in. I've tried talking to my partner who says her business would fold without his help(partly true) and I am simply being jealous without reason. I just see him as an awful parasite living off her business and taking advantage of a few difficult moments. Thing is, I found out last weekend that there are no current plans for him to leave. I just hate the thought of the pair of them spending sooo much time together. It's been like this since Easter.

Mybeardeddragonjustdied2016 Mon 17-Oct-16 19:45:02

Imo she needs to find someone else to support her in her business - no way should she be beholding to her ex!!

KinkyAfro Mon 17-Oct-16 19:45:31

He's staying overnight in your home?

Forgettheworld Mon 17-Oct-16 19:46:02

That's a very strange set up. I would be far from happy If it was me. I'd tell her it's you or him

TheoriginalLEM Mon 17-Oct-16 19:46:42

fuck that for a game

redisthenewblack Mon 17-Oct-16 20:33:03

Have I understood this correctly?

Your partners Ex stays in your home while you're away Mon-Fri, the leaves at the weekend to stay in a hotel when you're at home?

SheldonsSpot Mon 17-Oct-16 20:37:24

What exactly is this business, that the only person in the uk that can possibly help her with it, happens to be her ex, who also lives in your home during the week?

Does he wear your slippers too? You're being taken for a mug mate.

redisthenewblack Mon 17-Oct-16 20:40:19

Where does he sleep when he's at your house? I'm assuming a slate room/sofa? So why can't he stay there when you're home if all he is is an 'employee'?

happypoobum Mon 17-Oct-16 20:43:51

She does understand you can, you know, advertise for staff?

Agree with PP you are being taken for a mug, so sorry. sad

redisthenewblack Mon 17-Oct-16 20:51:21

Spare* not slate obvs

TheNaze73 Mon 17-Oct-16 23:16:45

Why are you putting up with this shit? He's having sex with your partner, in your home.

Wake up

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now