Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

OMG the word SOCIOPATH is my ex to a T

(2 Posts)
loveyoutothemoon Sun 16-Oct-16 21:22:57

I've heard the word a few times but wow I've just looked up the definition and this describes my ex perfectly word for word.

"A person with antisocial personality disorder. Probably the most widely recognized personality disorder. A sociopath is often well liked because of their charm and high charisma, but they do not usually care about other people. They think mainly of themselves and often blame others for the things that they do. They have a complete disregard for rules and lie constantly. They seldom feel guilt or learn from punishments. Though some sociopaths have become murders, most reveal their sociopathy through less deadly and sensational means."

What causes these traits? Is it the way they learn from others or is it just the way they are?

keepingonrunning Sun 16-Oct-16 22:58:46

This article in The Guardian helps explain it. The writer is featured in one of several BBC Horizon programmes available on YouTube featuring the latest research.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now