Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

I am sorry if this is insensitive [trigger warning re bereavement]

(4 Posts)
MaudlinNamechange Sun 16-Oct-16 01:13:28

On facebook some people post things about their loss of children (still born or miscarried). They get shared. I always think that the people who share them have lost a child.

I have been lucky enough never to have lost a child. I never share as I assume it's for people to share their loss, not to sympathise with others' losses.

Is that right? Would it be friendly to share or presumptuous?

thanks

Quietlygoingmad67 Sun 16-Oct-16 01:17:09

A couple of my friends have posted today and I haven't shared but I have commented in support

Montane50 Sun 16-Oct-16 01:17:14

Never share unless you know the full story x

JoJoSM2 Sun 16-Oct-16 01:29:33

Hasn't happened to me but I wouldn't share - be it a baby or an adult. I would imagine people might choose to put it on Facebook so their friend know and they don't need to inform everyone separately and discuss it over and over again. Can't see a reason for someone to share it on with another few hundred random people.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now