Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Dh talking in sleep

(40 Posts)
Summersalt Tue 11-Oct-16 07:05:59

So I've been awake since 3am after being woken by Dh having a conversation with himself. Lots was too muffled to understand but this was clear- 'I'm busy all Christmas, can't you see my big fat wedding ring?'

Am I being a bit paranoid? Or does its sound like he is dreaming about a potential affair?

He works away a lot, no other real reason to feel concerned but I've been wide awake since and feel sick.

GizmoFrisby Tue 11-Oct-16 07:09:14

Talk to him when he wakes up or you will drive yourself dotty.
It could of been worse however. At least he's talking about his wedding ring flowers

Summersalt Tue 11-Oct-16 07:13:20

Thanks Gizmo, I suppose that is a bonus! It was just the almost sarcastic tone he used, as if whoever he was speaking to should know he's unavailable at Xmas.

God, I sound a bit nutty. He'll be up shortly, no way I can hold it in!

Desmondo2016 Tue 11-Oct-16 07:22:49

ironically my DH has just asked me about my dreams. I was repeatedly sleep talking about having a Cream Soda date with exdh and wishing everyone else would leave us alone. blush I despise exdh, I've got court orders and all sorts of legal intervention. against him. ideally I will never see or speak to him again. Yet I have dreamt fondly about him. luckily my DH has found it hilarious.

please go easy on your DH!

neonrainbow Tue 11-Oct-16 07:23:05

I talk in my sleep. When dh tells me what I've said, it always, always relates to what my dream was about. Can you control what you dream about? Cos i can't and your dh probably can't either.

McBassyPants Tue 11-Oct-16 07:27:15

It's a dream. You'd be lucky if he even remembers it

daisydalrymple Tue 11-Oct-16 07:28:02

If he's under a lot of pressure at work, he could be having a conversation about being unable to work Christmas?

I don't really know what tone people use when talking to the OW / OM, but I would have imagined it was more romantic and exciting than snappy / routine?

Apart from this, have you ever thought there's been signs?

magoria Tue 11-Oct-16 07:28:15

It sounds like the complete opposite of a potential affair.

Even in his sleep he is saying no I am busy and married.

GizmoFrisby Tue 11-Oct-16 07:28:28

No you don't sound nutty. It's perfectly normal to question if you heard what you heard.

I honestly think it will be harmless. If he said another woman's name etc I'd be more concerned. hmm

WiseUpJanetWeiss Tue 11-Oct-16 07:37:52

For goodness sake don't accuse him of anything. People say all kinds of stuff in their dreams. There used to be a website called sleeptalkinman where a woman posted her DH's hilarious sleep rantings.

My DH's ex used to get angry with him for things he'd done in her dream. It didn't end well!

acornsandnuts Tue 11-Oct-16 07:41:46

Goodness I often have smutty dreams about random others but love my DH dearly and would never dream of an affair.

Please don't accuse him, dreams are rarely an interpretation of reality.

daisywhoopsie Tue 11-Oct-16 07:47:40

My DP has insisted I need to go and look out the window and shouted a very rude word beginning with C and ending in UNT in his sleep. He has no idea why.

No harm in asking him but try not to let it bother you OP. (Easier said than done I know)

ClopySow Tue 11-Oct-16 08:09:06

I had a dream last night that i was in a prison cell with a woman i don't like. She was wearing my roller skates and i was pulling her hair trying to make her take them off. Dreams are very odd and i don't think they're always representative of whats going on in real life.

PotteringAlong Tue 11-Oct-16 08:11:17

I dream cheat on my husband all the time blush

I would never even look sideways at someone else in real life.

It's a dream, let it go.

NerrSnerr Tue 11-Oct-16 09:07:04

I dreamt I went to three Lionel Richie concerts in 3 days last night.

gildedcage Tue 11-Oct-16 09:10:10

I have lots of dirty dreams starring other men...some I have literally made up as I've never met them. I even dream of marrying someone else. Neither of those have legs in real life.

DonkeysDontRideBicycles Tue 11-Oct-16 09:15:41

Dreams dredge up all kinds of old history muddling past and present with long gone characters or school events, please don't worry on the strength of one talkative dream DH has.

Summersalt Tue 11-Oct-16 09:21:35

Thank you everyone, feel a bit more sane in the cold light of day!

I told him what he said and he just laughed. I think I built it up in my head, at 3 am everything is worse. Don't have any reason to not trust him but I had a very duplicitous relationship in the past which I think is always in the back of my mind.

Thank you again for your responses smile

HughLauriesStubble Tue 11-Oct-16 09:34:35

I once had a dream I was doing the dirty with Detective Bunk from The Wire. Can't think of him now without blushing blush or laughing hysterically

Summersalt Tue 11-Oct-16 09:51:37

Thinking about it, I once had a dream I was married to Ian Beale. I totally loved him (in the dream!) and it made me look at him in a different light confused

Am over that now haha!

Morporkia Thu 13-Oct-16 11:38:53

ramblings from my DH usually around 3am...
"Get the monkey out of the wardrobe"
"Hurry up or you will miss the custard bus"
"worble worble heeheehee" this one had be stuffing my face into the pillow, because it was said in a high pitched "Ladees" voice....

Gracey1231 Thu 13-Oct-16 12:05:02

I'm a sleeptalker and my ex BF used to always question what I said in my dreams, you have around 1000 a night and can't remember lots of them. Dreams are dreams honey x

JellyBean31 Thu 13-Oct-16 13:13:03

My DH's ex used to get angry with him for things he'd done in her dream. It didn't end well

My ex was convinced I'd had an affair cos he'd dreamt it - madness!

I work in a pub, think Rovers Return type local full of ordinary married blokes or lonely single blokes who spend all their time in the pub. Lately I've been having sex dreams about random blokes who drink in there shock they are definitely not representative of real life in any way!!!

PegEgg Thu 13-Oct-16 13:23:08

The very first night I slept with my now DH he woke me up chatting in his sleep. He was very concerned and asking me " Have you put the kids to bed yet? I can hear them on the stairs. Are you sure they are asleep?"

I was 18 and more than a little perturbed!

39up Thu 13-Oct-16 13:41:08

I once had a sex dream about Simon Cowell. I promise I didn't mean it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now