Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Date with no kiss..what do you reckon?

(55 Posts)
Louisajohnson224 Mon 10-Oct-16 23:05:43

I had a date last night and we had such a laugh.
We went for drinks and got on well,plenty of laughs,no awkward moments but no kiss.
He walked me to the train stop and we said bye and that was that.
He text me ten minutes later saying that he really wanted to see me again.
He text me again tonight and we are going for food on Thursday night.
Was the no kiss last night a bad sign tho?
What date are you meant to kiss? Have sex?
I haven't dated for so long ..

Lilacpink40 Mon 10-Oct-16 23:08:00

You may get lots of kisses next time, it doesn't matter that you didn't the first time.

You like him, he likes you...see where it goes.

Mintychoc1 Mon 10-Oct-16 23:15:09

Regarding sex - I'd suggest reading the dating thread (dating 108 or something like that).

Kissing - I've been seeing someone for 6 months and we didn't kiss on our first date, despite having a great evening. In fact he almost ran away when we left the pub, then texted saying he'd like to see me again. I think he was shy, or the potentially awkward moment made him uncomfortable. I think he figured it was best not to risk the embarrassment of possible rejection, then ask by text if I was interested.

Mintychoc1 Mon 10-Oct-16 23:16:29

We kissed on our second date by the way

HidingFromDD Mon 10-Oct-16 23:19:18

I had a date like this. Had a great time, really thought we connected but no kiss. 3 years later, he's still a true gentleman (or not, when it counts 😜). He was just happy to take things slowly

HidingFromDD Mon 10-Oct-16 23:20:11

Our second date was totally different!

RestlessTraveller Mon 10-Oct-16 23:28:39

You kiss on a date when you want to kiss him, same goes for sex. If you wanted a kiss why didn't you make a move?

Francescabear22 Mon 10-Oct-16 23:33:01

I went 8 months no kiss we later married we would often laugh about no kiss for that long .. he said I was giving off the vibe I didn't want to kiss I said so we're you lol .

DramaInPyjamas Mon 10-Oct-16 23:34:01

I had to make the move for a peck on the cheek on my first date with someone, other wise we'd still be hanging around the bus stop umming and ahhing over saying goodbye!

He probably was nervous about seeming over keen, overthinking it then the moment had gone or something.
maybe he's at home wondering why you didn't kiss him first!

Freedom2016 Mon 10-Oct-16 23:35:32

Dh and I took 3 or 4 dates to kiss. We are happy 12 years later.

Louisajohnson224 Mon 10-Oct-16 23:39:28

I was nervous to kiss him plus that was the first time we met ..lots of people stood around etc
Thursday I've suggested going for food at a place on the sea front so I'm thinking we come out of there and it's quiet ..plenty of places to head to for a cheeky kiss blush

Francescabear22 Mon 10-Oct-16 23:44:27

Just make sure there is no spinach in your teeth 🙊

Myusernameismyusername Tue 11-Oct-16 07:18:41

I'm 3 dates in no kiss

Millionreasons Tue 11-Oct-16 07:22:06

One guy shook my hand to say goodbye confused.

Jinglebellsandv0dka Tue 11-Oct-16 07:27:52

My Dh never kissed me! He just walked me to my gate grin

He is lay at the side of me with dd watching CBBC in bed!

TBH I wouldn't have wanted a kiss and would have found it cringe. He called me the next day and we went for Sunday dinner and it went from there.

Honestly - don't worry about it.

TheNaze73 Tue 11-Oct-16 07:33:21

Wouldn't sweat it personally. It is 2016 though, you can make a move smile

Louisajohnson224 Tue 11-Oct-16 08:53:00

Maybe after the 10th date no kiss il start to worry blush
I'm just a nervous person in general and I was worried he would kiss me etc

HotNatured Tue 11-Oct-16 09:03:58

I much prefer the gentlemanly type that doesn't pounce on me on a first date. But if no kiss at the end (or during grin) of the second date then I would start to wonder.

Last guy I dated we had a rushed 'peck' on the lips at the tube station (rushing for the last train) and on the second date when we were having drinks at last orders he went in the for the kill.

We then snogged for about half an hour at the tube station like teenagers blush

MariposaUno Tue 11-Oct-16 09:08:48

No kiss on first date I just gave him a hug but 2nd date went from 0-100.grin

I think it's 1-3 dates I'd expect but suppose people are different in their approach.

Myusernameismyusername Tue 11-Oct-16 09:11:53

It depends on the date and the person. All my dates with this guy I are seeing are stone cold sober which adds to the intimidation. Also public places. So the setting is a bit off but it's so nice not to have someone pounce on you

Louisajohnson224 Tue 11-Oct-16 09:52:09

He is the first guy who hasn't sent me any rude or suggestive messages,no asking for pictures.
In the pub he kinda touched my leg ha ha
Just subtly as we were talking.
So far he seems like a gentleman but that might all change ha ha

ButtMuncher Tue 11-Oct-16 09:56:17

DP and I didn't kiss on the first date. Apparently I looked at him like I wanted to (I did) but he walked me to
a cab, gave me a hug and the moment I got in texted me asking when we could meet up again. He had no real dating experience (his previous relationship was long term with someone he had known since school) and said he was scared because I looked like I knew what I was doing (I've been on loads of dates, so I guess he's right) and he felt nervous.

We kissed loads on the second date, so totally made up for it. We've just had our first child together grin

twolinesplease Tue 11-Oct-16 13:04:39

LouisaJohnson I totally get where you are coming from. I had a first date on Saturday and at the end of the night we pecked on the cheek blush
The agonising wait for texts back and forth is too much as I over analyse everything...so so sad!
The messages have been nice with kisses at the end but he hasn't asked for a second date yet confused confused.com

HotNatured Tue 11-Oct-16 13:09:51

Louisajohnson224 I've been tindering for what seems like a lifetime ages and have never been sent anything rude nor have I been asked for pictures, not by someone I have just met anyway and certainly not by someone I'm just texting before meeting. I think I have quite a good radar for a creepy guy. Shame I don't have a radar for arrogant twats tho grin

Louisajohnson224 Tue 11-Oct-16 13:15:54

I'm a bit sad he hasn't text today ha ha
He texts me goodnight last night tho.
I'm starting to like him which is bad as it always goes tits up...I think il text him tonight.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now