Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Relationship with sister

(14 Posts)
cinnamonswirler Mon 10-Oct-16 18:57:32

I have been working away from home for a while. DNeice has been staying in my house to help with the children, and DSis (who lives in another country) came to stay without saying anything. This is itself is not a problem, but a nod to me would have been nice. Anyway, EXH and DSis are friendly, but ended up having too much to drink and a few little events led to them having sex in my bed. This was compounded by my eldest DS (15) hearing them at it while sitting in the garden. I am disgusted with DSis. Truly disgusted. I can't think of any way back from this. But I miss her. She was my best friend. Has anyone experienced such disrespect and come back from it?

Justaboy Mon 10-Oct-16 20:03:20

Yes but I'll spare you the details.

What a bitch to have done that well out of order:-(

mysistersimone Mon 10-Oct-16 20:10:33

Blimey, what a mess. So not only did your exh come round to your home (did you know??) and your sis, they had sex in your bed and your son heard. I'd not forgive this myself, I'd feel protective of my son and not want my sis back in the house. Your exh and sis owe you an apology. Who told you about it all? As to whether you recover from this is up to how much you're willing to forgive.

cinnamonswirler Mon 10-Oct-16 20:26:32

My ds told me as soon as I got home. I don't think I can forgive it. It's a step too far

mysistersimone Mon 10-Oct-16 20:30:04

As heart breaking as it is, yes, they have gone too far. They've crossed a line to you personally, shattered any trust at all, and brought your child into it. It's a big thing.
Do you have support after all of this? Do your parents know?

cinnamonswirler Mon 10-Oct-16 20:49:34

DM yes, DF no. She is running scared that I will tell DF, which I will feel compelled to do. He occasionally asks me how EXH is behaving towards me. It will come up then. DM is disgusted, and asked her about it. Her response was 'I'll fuck whoever I want to fuck'.

Fishface77 Tue 11-Oct-16 07:01:17

What awful people.
She's not your best friend, she's actually your worst enemy.
Don't leave your kids with your niece as your sister will turn up again and tell your dad what she's done.
And as for fucking who she wants, tell her to fuck of.
Had she apologised?

Walkacrossthesand Tue 11-Oct-16 07:06:38

So this 'best friend Dsis' - came to stay in your house but didn't even acknowledge you eg with a nod? What's that about?

GizmoFrisby Tue 11-Oct-16 07:06:43

I really feel for you. I have a sister the same. She's tried to pounce on my dp a few times. And when we were younger went to the extent of getting my boyfriends numbers out of my phone and shagging them to well prove a point. I have nothing to do with her any more.

You will never be able to trust either of them again. My sister now doesn't understand why I don't give her the time of day.

What is it with families hmm
I'd love to have a sister who I could trust and do sisterly things with. Unfortunately she's always been a twat.

April2013 Tue 11-Oct-16 07:36:15

Why do sisters sometimes have zero empathy? I am struggling to walk away from mine, she stopped caring about me when she turned 14 and it has been heartbreaking for the last decade. I'm sorry OP, sounds horrible.

GizmoFrisby Tue 11-Oct-16 08:34:03

I think often sisters are chalk and cheese. There's a goodie and a baddie.
Think majority of us are goodies on here hmm

JustSpeakSense Tue 11-Oct-16 08:48:48

This is unforgivable. I would never talk to her again.

Your ex is a knob too.

This is the perfect excuse to cut two toxic people out your life.

mysistersimone Tue 11-Oct-16 13:07:03

Wow. Just wow. Just cos she's your sister shouldn't make you keep her in your life if thats her attitude. it's awful but informed is fore armed.

Tarttlet Tue 11-Oct-16 17:38:56

'I'll fuck whoever I want to fuck'

Well, she can fuck off then!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now