Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

On behalf of a friend

(11 Posts)
Goingthroughdownpatch Fri 07-Oct-16 23:15:40

My friend has found out her partner is cheating. They are splitting up. Still living together at the mo but very sour and hardly talking.

Friend has read messages between her partner and the other women.

However What the other woman doesn't know is that he has already cheated on her and is currently on dating sites. She has screenshot the messages e.t.c for proof incase he says it's not true.

My friend wants to tell other women but I don't know if she should. She is annoyed with him and thinks this will be a good way for him to end up with no one and lose everything.

Any advice anyone ?

Imbroglio Fri 07-Oct-16 23:21:20

She needs to focus on herself. Keep the evidence in case it's useful but otherwise concentrate on moving on. Do they live together? Are there shared assets to sort out? Those are the priorities.

Goingthroughdownpatch Fri 07-Oct-16 23:31:00

Thanks Imbroglio

Yes, much of our conversations have been about what a horrible man he has turned into, the children , house situation and herself going forward.
She just wants to 'get back at him' and thinks this is an opportunity

Imbroglio Fri 07-Oct-16 23:43:55

The last thing she needs is for him to get nastier, so until she's free of him the best thing is to keep the evidence to remind herself that he's a dick and congratulate herself for getting out now.

flowers for her.

IsNotGold Sat 08-Oct-16 06:48:57

I'm not sure that the OW would be surprised that the married man she had an affair with is a cheater.

winkywinkola Sat 08-Oct-16 07:06:14

She needs to keep her dignity and not trouble herself with him apart from focussing on extricating herself from the marriage.

In time, she will look back and be glad she didn't do anything to get back at him.

Your poor friend. She must be upset and so angry her husband turned out to be a turd.

OreoCat Sat 08-Oct-16 07:12:05

Ah IsNotGold you would think that but the OW has probably been fed a line about how she is the love of his life, and he sleeps in a different bedroom to his wife and him and his wife never have sex...but OW, you are all that I want! So I imagine she thinks he is totally faithful to her, not even having sex with his wife.

As tempting as it is for your friend OP, she will find out eventually what he is like. Your friend needs to focus on herself and DCs, forget what the arsehole himself is doing!

TheNaze73 Sat 08-Oct-16 07:26:50

She needs to focus on herself rather than the ow. She'll look bitter & twisted & the other ow will either A) Just choose to ignore her or B) Know already, having been the OW.

She'll gain nothing by doing it & look like every stereotype you can think of, of a cheated person out for revenge

Goingthroughdownpatch Sat 08-Oct-16 08:23:23

Good morning

Thanks everybody. Replies make sense. Will be seeing her later and put all the above to her . She's just very upset / angry with him.

Sometimes the advisor needs the advice !

winkywinkola Sat 08-Oct-16 10:26:30

Well she won't look bitter and twisted if she contacts the ow. She will look very very angry as she has every right to be.

Bitter and twisted suggests nursing a grudge unnecessarily and getting poisoned by it.

The ow will find out what a horror your friend's h really is. In her own time.

If your friend contacts ow, it will unify them against her even more. And true love tends to be a bit defiant in the face of scepticism and doubt.

The best way to get back at her h is to be an ice queen from now on. Give him nothing but the absolute necessary minimum of communication regarding their divorce and access to their dcs.

He doesn't deserve anything more than that.

Goingthroughdownpatch Sat 08-Oct-16 20:57:37

Have been to see my friend today and we've had a nice long chat.

The idea about telling the other woman about the other women has definitely been parked to one side.
However, she did say that she had a row with him today and she hinted to him about knowing there was more than one woman.

I've told her to focus on herself and her children. Then she told me that when he came home, he asked the children if they'd had a nice day. They say 'ok'. He asks "was it fun" and children say "no"and then he went on to make snide remarks saying "well,
It wouldn't be with mummy" amongst other stuff.

She said she was so upset she just left the room , went to the bathroom and had a cry.

I told her she must bite her tongue and not come down to his level.

Think this is going to be a long road. He is most certainly not going to move out and in 12 months they will be mortgage free, if they sell house now they would miss out at least £40,000

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now