Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

The smiling assassin ...

(11 Posts)
Louisajohnson224 Tue 04-Oct-16 09:37:07

Stupid I know but just had a look at my Exs Facebook profile pic and he is stood wide grin on his face.
He treat me like total rubbish,hurt me,treated me like I was nothing and he is stood there smiling away ..it makes me sick.
No remorse nothing ..
Sorry not really a question just a bit of a rant

Happybunny19 Tue 04-Oct-16 09:43:38

Stop looking at his facebook page, he hurt you and now you're free of him, don't waste any more time and energy on him. Move on and enjoy your life free of abuse.

Louisajohnson224 Tue 04-Oct-16 10:11:08

I know it was the first time I looked for ages.
Stupid really ..the way it ended was awful.
He just text me saying we are done,don't text again please.
Then seeing the smug face just angered me.

Olympiathequeen Tue 04-Oct-16 10:35:50

If you are separated why did you text him? Remove his phone number from your phone. Block him on Facebook and tell mutual friends never to say anything about him to you.

You sound as though you are doing the (sadly common) thing of mini stalking the ex. Just don't for you own sanity.

TheNaze73 Tue 04-Oct-16 10:53:26

Block him on all social media. When you feel like that about someone, they could solve world poverty & you'd still hate them

Louisajohnson224 Tue 04-Oct-16 10:54:28

No I haven't text him ...that's how he ended it with me by telling me not to text him again
All I did was look at his profile pic ...stupid And pointless I know

LesisMiserable Tue 04-Oct-16 10:59:50

How long were together? I'm guessing not that long. I was with someone for four years and he popped a note through the door one night saying he had finished it and not to contact him again. I'd known him 18 years at this point. Hope that makes you feel better.

P.s. People are entitled to smile. Maybe he's happier now than when you were together? Whatever he's smiling about is really none of your concern now is it? I know it's harsh words but you need a little gentle shake I think. You've only hurt yourself. Now stop wasting your time looking backwards and yes even time spent ranting about it is actually a mad waste of your precious time on this planet. He's over it, now you need to be too.

Louisajohnson224 Tue 04-Oct-16 11:10:14

We were together over a year but had been friends for over 10years
We have been over a year now so u guess I should be over it by now.

LesisMiserable Tue 04-Oct-16 13:02:43

You'll be ok OP. If you were friends for 10 years all the more reason to forget about him! As I say 18 years for me and to be treated like that - the shock was worse than the hurt. Realised he's not someone I'd even still want to be friends with let alone in a relationship if he would treat someone like that.

Put your best pose on, get on Tinder and get some compliments! It will do you the world of good! grin

Louisajohnson224 Tue 04-Oct-16 15:13:23

I don't know why I'm struggling to move on.
He doesn't care about me.
I think that's what's so hard for me
Stupid really

georgethecat Tue 04-Oct-16 20:54:13

It really is the best advice to block FB, block phone.
You aren't tempted to browse & you stop obsessing. My block list grows by the week- it's much healthier to cut all ties x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now