Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

How to be brave when online dating?

(4 Posts)
CakeLover0 Mon 03-Oct-16 18:47:39

I have started online dating. How do you put on that brave face knowing you are chatting / dating someone and they're chatting / dating others? Not sure if I'm cut out for this as it feels strange.
I constantly have an anxious feeling. Is that normal? Thought it was supposed to be fun!

Avpixie27 Mon 03-Oct-16 18:52:52

How long have you been single if you dont mind? Its natural to be a bit cautious and feel a bit like a number but they could be only talking to you aswell

CakeLover0 Mon 03-Oct-16 18:56:45

Over a year. Yes, maybe. I don't know if I have the right character to date online. Just wondering if it's normal to feel so anxious

Avpixie27 Mon 03-Oct-16 20:06:01

Honestly i did online dating before and i was so scared that men would use it for casual hook ups but honestly there are some good ones out there. If you dont like it though then go out with a friend and try different things. Its personal preference to what you like

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now