Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

How did you know

(4 Posts)
user1471462290 Sun 02-Oct-16 21:23:54

How did you know that your marriage was over?

I do love my husband but I'm just not happy & I don't know what to do

confused

pocketsaviour Sun 02-Oct-16 21:33:35

When he went away for a few days and - even though I suspected he was going off to bang someone else - it was the happiest, less stressful days I could remember in years.

FunnyTummy Sun 02-Oct-16 21:43:47

I wasn't married, but (similar to pp) I knew my ten yr relarionship was over when I avoided spending time with him & really enjoyed it when he went away.

AVY1 Mon 03-Oct-16 17:01:53

On Saturday. He very casually called me a cunt during a conversation about housework vs DIY that needed to be done this weekend. I finally realised/ accepted after 8 years that I don't want to be married to someone who is happy to call me that or a bitch or crazy or stupid over having a proper conversation. He won't go to counselling/relate as he's certain that will make him at fault and he thinks that means I'll get a better deal than I should. hmm

When my parents asked why (they do know about issues but love both of us very much) I summed it up as, 'he is a lovely man who has done some very generous things BUT he is not nice to me.'

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now