Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

messaging people on dating sites

(13 Posts)
happyandsingle Thu 29-Sep-16 18:28:41

just confused really. Been messaging this guy who I met on dating site.exchanging messages happily last night then I sent a text about 9.3o last night no reply since.
I know he could still text but I find it rude as we were mid conversation and if he texts now I don't think I can be bothered.
Do people often do this on dating sites and doesn't it make you want to give up with it all? it can make you paranoid you've said the wrong thing when in reality there the ones with the problem.

LouisvilleLlama Thu 29-Sep-16 18:33:20

Nothing to add. It this happens to me all the time, even with real life friends, it really annoys me also. It's bad when it takes a long time after replying straight away to eachother, but really saddening when they decide not to reply at all. I sent a message about 3-4 weeks ago and my "friend " hasn't even opened it

RealityCheque Thu 29-Sep-16 21:35:08

Perhaps he died? Try calling the police on the non emergency number and get them to log it.

StartledByHisFurryShorts Thu 29-Sep-16 21:45:05

He probably fell asleep. Or got distracted by someone else. Don't sweat it. You're just at the messaging stage. None of it's real art this point.

HuskyLover1 Thu 29-Sep-16 21:47:33

Perhaps he died? Try calling the police on the non emergency number and get them to log it

Yeh, cos the Police have bags of time on their hands for idiotic calls like that.

RealityCheque Thu 29-Sep-16 21:52:58

Lol Husky.

happyandsingle Thu 29-Sep-16 22:11:32

oh god do u really think he could of died? better call the cops right now

happyandsingle Thu 29-Sep-16 22:19:42

online dating is just brutal.how does anyone get past the messaging stage lol

Texfactor Thu 29-Sep-16 22:22:25

There a thread you should join...

AtSea1979 Thu 29-Sep-16 22:22:58

No idea, not thick skinned enough for online dating these days

Texfactor Thu 29-Sep-16 22:23:15

Trying to find our soul mate it's dating thread 108 smile

happyandsingle Thu 29-Sep-16 22:26:09

it is soul destroying. what the hell do men want these days.

Myusernameismyusername Thu 29-Sep-16 22:40:14

Just one man has made you this despondent?

It can be a time consuming effort to get a conversation going but it's not that men are all idiots who mess women around. Maybe he just wasn't feeling it or has real life stuff going on. Maybe he is an idiot. Block delete start again! Don't let him get to you X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now