Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Stories about people who should get on with each other but don't

(5 Posts)
tiptoptap2 Wed 28-Sep-16 09:04:33

I'm a fairly nice person and I have a colleague who is also pretty nice and when I see her with others I think she is a good person. We also have loads in common. However, we just don't get on, we always seem to rub each other up the wrong way.

I'm not looking for solutions to this problem, we've tried clearing the air and such like, but I've never been in this situation before. Yes there are people I don't like, and people I'm ambivalent about but this is someone that I think i should like and just don't. Does anyone have stories of 2 people who are both great individuals but who just can't get on with each other. Perhaps with some reasons why. If I hear of other similar situations, it might make me feel less bad about not being able to work things out with colleague.

Humblebee1 Thu 29-Sep-16 10:57:00

Just accept that everyone isn't going to like you, just as you won't like everyone you ever come across either. No need to feel bad, you can't be everyone's favourite person.

TheNaze73 Thu 29-Sep-16 11:22:17

I think it could be your mindset. Not everyone is going to see you as a great individual as you put it. Not everyone will naturally get on in life. Think you just need to accept that

Myusernameismyusername Thu 29-Sep-16 11:25:22

You shouldn't take it personally. I try to make sure I have distance from people I know this could happen with and just keep things light. It's usually when we are airing opinions things can become messy so avoid that around each other when possible

Mistletoekids Thu 29-Sep-16 11:26:14

I think maybe yiy are too similar and so occupy the same "niche" in a group which might be irksome if there's not quite the chemistry between you to become fast friends

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now