We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Married with a crush...how do I get over this?

(16 Posts)
DrHardie Sat 24-Sep-16 23:46:44

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Lumpylumperson Sat 24-Sep-16 23:50:25

DrHardie Sat 24-Sep-16 23:56:07

DrHardie Sat 24-Sep-16 23:56:40

Lumpylumperson Sun 25-Sep-16 00:03:52

Lumpylumperson Sun 25-Sep-16 00:04:33

DrHardie Sun 25-Sep-16 00:09:36

HeddaGarbled Sun 25-Sep-16 00:11:03

I know exactly how you feel. I don't think it's that unusual to have a crush on someone lovely, especially if you're feeling unappreciated at home.

I think you'd be surprised at how many of us indulge in secret fantasies. I bet your H does. As you say, you'd never act on it and you aren't even sure what you want. Don't beat yourself up about this.

Lumpylumperson Sun 25-Sep-16 00:11:15

PickAChew Sun 25-Sep-16 00:13:01

You compartmentalise - and can't spend time in that compartment.

Bibbidee Sun 25-Sep-16 00:19:20

Feeling a bit raw reading this. My hubby left me for someone at work. Totally blown my whole family apart it's absolute carnage. My kids are devastated. So please for everyone's sakes, steer clear. 90% of affairs fail anyway so it's not worth it. Work on how you can save your marriage. Read 'I love you but I'm not in love with you' by Andrew G Marshall. It explains what to do.

DrHardie Sun 25-Sep-16 00:24:48

Bibbidee Sun 25-Sep-16 00:27:54

Honestly I'm broken. It's the worst thing that's ever happened to me I'm in utter shock! The book is good, have a little read on Amazon.

DrHardie Sun 25-Sep-16 00:30:06

Bibbidee Sun 25-Sep-16 01:20:40

No I haven't posted about it. 'Runaway Husbands' perfectly describes my situation. I was oblivious, he severed it with two sentences, drove home, packed his bags and that was that. 20 years down the pan in half an hour. Turned out he was having an affair with someone at work. No working on the marriage nothing. I've been right royally dumped I feel like rubbish on the side walk.

DrHardie Sun 25-Sep-16 07:42:37

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now