Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Feel like dh can never say sorry

(5 Posts)
Waitingforsleep Sat 24-Sep-16 22:19:34

Dh is not a bad person especially from some of the stuff I read on here
However I feel he can't seem to say sorry or see how things can be from my point of view
It's really affecting our relationship and I don't know what to do
Sometimes makes me feel I'm being unreasonable but although maybe at times I may be I generally think I'm not.
I feel he often answers something I have said by turning it around on me or giving an excuse as to his behaviour and I don't get it, he can't seem to see things and then say sorry.
not sure what am asking on this but feel like I'm being out of order

imother Sat 24-Sep-16 23:19:59

Sounds like he's not very emotionally intelligent or good at communicating/being in a relationship.

Saying sorry (and meaning it) is vital in a relationship unless you genuinely are perfect. Saying sorry heps the other person forgive you and the relationship move on.

So your dh isn't v good at relationships, can you accept that? (Don't think you can change him!)

tigerdriverII Sat 24-Sep-16 23:25:42

I've known DH for 33 years. I've never heard him apologise for anything, in words. I can tell from how he behaves whether he's sorry. I quite admire his intransigence. It doesn't bother me that he doesn't say sorry. Actions speak louder than words.

RunRabbitRunRabbit Sat 24-Sep-16 23:34:05

Your relationship bar is set at not as bad as "some of the stuff I read on here"? That's how low you have to stoop to make him seem OK?

He might never feel that he is wrong. Ever. No matter what.

Have a read of the abuser profiles and see if any ring true.

8DaysAWeek Sat 24-Sep-16 23:46:43

Mine is the same. It drives me mad. He can't admit he's wrong and will always turn it around on me.

It's usually the same pattern: he says something negative/offensive, I get annoyed, he tells me I picked it up wrong, and in the end it looks like I'm being precious/overreacting over nothing

I KNOW I'm right though, but he'll continue until I drop it

angry

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now