Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Ideal 50th birthday gift

(7 Posts)
user1473797030 Tue 13-Sep-16 21:27:55

Help please. My gorgeous wife of 26 years is 50 this year. I would like to give / do something special for her with a budget of around £750.
Any suggestions please; she means the world to me and deserves a special day.
Thanks!

Squeegle Tue 13-Sep-16 21:32:20

Personally i would like a short break somewhere e.g Venice!

Hotwaterbottle1 Tue 13-Sep-16 21:33:56

Id second the short break

PoshPenny Tue 13-Sep-16 21:35:08

I would just ask her what she wants (or would like)and go from there. Even doing that there's still room for the surprise element if that's important to you.

toomuchicecream Tue 13-Sep-16 21:58:00

For my birthday this year (not a special one, but it was what I decided I wanted as a present), my DH cooked a three course dinner for me and my best friends. Two of his friends then came along to be waiters. We had such a lovely evening smile

LellyMcKelly Tue 13-Sep-16 22:00:15

A short break would be wonderful. You could even buy her a keepsake while there - a picture from a street artist, or a piece of jewellery she likes from a local boutique. That would be a wonderful 50th birthday present - a birthday card with a couple of tickets to Barcelona or Berlin or Belfast (don't laugh - it's a fabulous destination these days!).

jayho Tue 13-Sep-16 23:20:43

Where was your honeymoon, where did you propose, where were you married, build something around this. It's about reaffirming your commitment to your union and recognising significant life episodes....

It could be going to the dry cleaners last week and acknowledgng it's important to both of you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now