Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

ANOTHER MARRIED MAN!

(12 Posts)
abbsismyhero Sat 10-Sep-16 09:53:30

okay >breathing< im on tinder ive had a few (married) people message me for sex on the side i say no they go away etc this one guy ive been chatting to for ages not local to me but willing to travel we have been on a date had a kiss then he "lost his phone" hmm and got back in touch via another phone we've chatted but not met up again to be fair i was suspicious about his relationship with his ex i didn't feel it was over between them so i stepped back he came on fairly strong then disappeared again so i washed my hands of it all put him out of my mind then i get a text this morning from him saying who it was from the gym (he loves the gym) he put his last name on it so i looked it up he is still married and proclaiming his love for his wife and family all over facebook

FUCKS SAKE why are married men so attracted to me? im not finding people in my area attracted to me that aren't in a relationship already now people outside my area are just looking for an affair

any ideas where im going wrong? where can i go to find a non married man who washes? (dont ask) should i just give up and buy a cat?

LoveRosie2008 Sat 10-Sep-16 09:56:03

It's the so loved up status of these men on social media that gets me too winkgrinsmile. Get a dog or cat or both, much better company.

ChicRock Sat 10-Sep-16 10:01:08

They're not particularly targeting you, it's just that at this point... to be fair i was suspicious about his relationship with his ex ...most people would have binned him off, not gone on a date (with someone who al they knew of him was his first name), had a kiss, continued to text him on his second phone, etc.

abbsismyhero Sat 10-Sep-16 10:02:27

grin ive just text him back its abbs did you mean to send me your number? he said oh i text back exactly

and block and move on

BASTARD >feels better now<

abbsismyhero Sat 10-Sep-16 10:03:54

i was suspicious after we met which is why i didn't go out of my way to meet again i thought i could have been wrong

WannaBe Sat 10-Sep-16 10:04:49

Tinder is a hookup site. Nothing more. Anyone who ends up in a good relationship from tinder has just struck lucky. Most on tinder just want a shag (or two) and nothing more.

So what I would say is, it's not you, it's them. But perhaps look for a better (and possibly paid) dating site.

I've never personally done OLD however I have heard from many quarters that the paid sites are better as people on there are more genuine whereas anyone can sign up to tinder, POF ( and the like without so much as a penny spent.

ChicRock Sat 10-Sep-16 10:06:47

You went on a date with someone that all you really knew about him was his first name and the area he said he lived in - and even those details could have been BS.

abbsismyhero Sat 10-Sep-16 10:10:21

he told me his name on the phone it was only in person he was a bit off on the phone he was fine he seemed normal a nice guy

SaggyNaggy Sat 10-Sep-16 10:10:26

Don't get involved with people unwilling to tell ypoypou all about themselves, including surnames an fb accounts etc.

0dfod Sat 10-Sep-16 10:50:59

This is why it is prudent to get their whole name, address and practice a little internet dating hygiene by looking them up be for a date.

CalleighDoodle Sat 10-Sep-16 11:11:59

Theres no way i would give someone i didnt know my address! Or my
Surname come to rhink of it!

TheStoic Sat 10-Sep-16 11:16:43

Assume nothing you read on a dating site is true, unless you've verified it yourself in other ways.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now