Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

When will it get easier?

(5 Posts)
30MinuteNap Tue 06-Sep-16 14:42:41

Split with my Ex a week ago and I'm feeling really down about it, I ended it because there seemed to be nothing between us anymore and we were arguing a lot.

When does it get easier?

ChristinaParsons Tue 06-Sep-16 14:45:35

A little bit every day

Mybeardeddragonjustdied2016 Tue 06-Sep-16 14:49:20

Write a list detailing all the rows you had. Whenever you miss him read your list.
Make a bucket list of things you want to do and get cracking!

TheNaze73 Tue 06-Sep-16 16:36:04

I think it'll get a tiny bit better every day OP. Have you gone NC? How did he take the split?

ALaughAMinute Tue 06-Sep-16 16:53:14

Write a list detailing all the rows you had. Whenever you miss him read your list.

This is what I did and every time I miss him or reminisce over the good times I go back and read my list (that I've got stored in my phone) and it reminds me what a nasty controlling bastard he was and why I had to leave him. I left him two months ago and it's getting easier every day. Hang on in there. Happy days are ahead.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now