Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Can i write to the judge direct

(5 Posts)
backtothe80s Mon 05-Sep-16 18:43:27

I have posted in legal but thought some of you may be able to answer this if you have been through divorce process.

Family home was sold under court order instigated by x and due to various reasons at time i went to court without legal representation. I am making a formal complaint against my legal team and this is one of the issues. I now have some information that I didnt have at the time that puts a different picture to it all and want to know if I can write to the judge who made the decision. Funds are currently being held by solicitors. I have my final hearing in about 6 weeks and want to know if i write to judge with this information and highlighting all the inconsistencies in x's statement whether i can ask for this to be taken into account at final hearing.

I now know why X has gone to a barrister direct and why there was always a new email rather than following on from a previous one - so that he can manipulate what info he gives to the barrister/judge just as he has been manipulating this process all along.

any help greatly appreciated

PenguindreamsofDraco Mon 05-Sep-16 18:56:03

You can but it will have zero effect save to make the Judge think you're, um, not as rational as you might be.
You'll get the chance to set out your side of the story in court. Just keep it as factual as you can.

TheNaze73 Mon 05-Sep-16 19:29:38

Think with your head, not your heart.

backtothe80s Tue 06-Sep-16 15:32:52

It's not the judge at final hearing I want to write to but one who made decision to sell house - why would I be seen as irrational when his decision was made with misleading information - I don't get this - I was also made to pay costs which under the circumstances now I do not agree with- or do I get new barrister to raise issue at final hearing which will be with a different judge

PenguindreamsofDraco Wed 07-Sep-16 12:00:27

If you want to challenge a decision, you appeal it. The same Judge can't go back and reconsider now on new evidence.

And you'd be seen as irrational because. come on, everyone knows you don't contact a judge directly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now