Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Suggestions to break out of a rut please.

(2 Posts)
SilkScarf Mon 05-Sep-16 14:36:54

Split with DH of 18 years about 2 years ago and was very happy being single until I met someone via work earlier this year. Unfortunately he is based oversees. I wasn’t looking for a relationship at the time as I was happy being on my own. We had a 6-7 month relationship but ultimately the distance became frustrating so we ended it. (the break up would probably have been easier to digest had he been nasty/ cheated but that was not the case)

So here we are single again and I really don’t want to be single!!! Trouble is I have never been someone who went out looking for a relationship. Registered on POF but I’m finding it rather soul destroying. Now that the holidays are behind us my routine is pretty much the same every day. Work, kids & stables. Both the kids and I are horsey people so we tend to spend most of our free time at the stables. As such I’m not really meeting new people. I’m happy with my life overall and I don’t really want to change my routine much but I don’t want to be on my own anymore. I’m done being single and I don’t feel I need to spend another minute grieving about my last relationship.

I need to motivate myself to go out and meet people but I have no clue how to start. I need a kick up the bum. Would be lovely to hear suggestions especially from others who have been in a similar situation of being stuck in a rut and managed to break the cycle. I need to find a way to motivate myself.

Thanks.

Resilience16 Mon 05-Sep-16 16:40:54

Try meetup.com, loads of interesting stuff going on that I never even knew about, chance to meet up with likeminded people and /or try something new.I've found it really good, and fun!
OLD-found the paid sites better than the freebies.
Think about volunteering , loads of different opportunities, and generally flexible in the number of hours you commit to. It ain't just charity shops!
Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now