Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Feelings completely overwhelmed

(3 Posts)
user1471499145 Mon 05-Sep-16 14:25:13

My husband & I are separated and he moved out a while ago with one of children.
Last week I had to take out an injunction against him after another 2.5 hour verbal attack. We have previously had the police called who suggested I leave the property due to his instability.
I am due to move in 2 weeks and the sheer scale of the task I am facing is hitting me. I have no where to go yet.
It was our wedding anniversary at the weekend which resulted in spiteful texts.
I have to keep reminding myself that I don't love him, he was very, very abusive, police have been involved and he will never change.

just feels I am climbing Mt Everest in flip flops

Resilience16 Mon 05-Sep-16 16:50:35

Just like climbing Everest you do it one step at a time, one foot in front of the other.
With regards to moving, why do you have to move,have you taken legal advice?
If you can speak to Women's Aid they can give you practical advice regarding leaving an abusive relationship. CAB may also be helpful.
Be very clear in your mind, he is abusive and you are doing the right thing.
The verbal attacks and texts are him trying to continue to cow and control you. You know you deserve better.
Good luck x

user1471499145 Mon 05-Sep-16 17:19:05

Thanks Resilience - I have to leave because it is a rented property and the owners are moving back in.
I have spoken to Women's Aid a couple of times & they have been very helpful. It feels very comforting to know there is someone on the end of the line.
I'll get there just very daunting x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now