Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Feel like my heart is breaking

(5 Posts)
pointlessperson Sun 04-Sep-16 20:33:32

Bit of backstory My ds aged 1 is the result of a short romance. His dad wasn't ready to settle down,this is fine as long as he was a part of ds life, he is and a great dad at that.
I have always had strong feelings for ex and really hoped (stupidly) that when he was ready to settle it would b me and we would be a family.
Ex has now got someone else pregnant was a one night stand apparently.
My heart feels broken..I have asked him to stop hanging out at my house when he wants to see little one and take him to his instead...I can't bear to see him. I need to get over him.

Kittencatkins123 Mon 05-Sep-16 08:04:25

That's a great first step, establish some boundaries and stop engaging with the fantasy of you becoming a family. Sorry if that sounds a bit harsh, but it doesn't sound like he has or had any intentions in that regard? Free yourself up to meet someone else who wants to commit to you and a real happy family life together.
flowers

Kittencatkins123 Mon 05-Sep-16 08:05:52

PS your name makes me sad OP! It's understandable that you might have hoped for a happy ending, but it can still be happy without the two of you getting together. He's a good dad and you can find someone else to be happy with.

Kr1stina Mon 05-Sep-16 08:08:58

I'm sorry I know it's hatdm but you have made the right decision.

You need a proper agreement and contact and child support .

You say he's a great dad so I'm assuming he's been paying regularly and above the CSA minimum ?

Kr1stina Mon 05-Sep-16 08:17:05

Sorry random typo i know it's hard

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now