Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

I've left...day 1 on my own... Feel all kinds of everything

(17 Posts)
NewDayNewBeginnings Sun 04-Sep-16 14:39:36

I have posted before on different usernames. Was advised to leave And I finally did yesterday.

Now.. I'm sat, not at home, kind of homeless, alone, not really told many people as I don't want to keep rehashing everything, feeling all kinds of I don't know what. Don't even know the point of me posting really

Costacoffeeplease Sun 04-Sep-16 14:48:16

Well done for leaving. What's your plan now?

NewDayNewBeginnings Sun 04-Sep-16 15:10:24

My only plan at the moment is to find somewhere to live really

myownperson Sun 04-Sep-16 15:13:26

Well done on taking a big step. Do you have any RL support?

NewDayNewBeginnings Sun 04-Sep-16 16:04:52

A little, bit I have problems expressing myself as I don't like to air my problems so I never talk about them

ImperialBlether Sun 04-Sep-16 16:06:19

Where are you staying at the moment, OP? What did you leave behind? Are you still in the same town?

SparklyStarShit Sun 04-Sep-16 16:57:09

Just keep talking op flowers

NewDayNewBeginnings Sun 04-Sep-16 21:27:51

I'm in a hotel.. Different town

Littleladylumps Sun 04-Sep-16 21:29:38

Stay strong and stay busy. Get a good book for middle of the night wobbles.
flowers

ALaughAMinute Sun 04-Sep-16 21:32:30

I don't know if I've read any of your previous threads because you've changed your user name but I am guessing you were advised to leave for good reason so well done you. Stay strong and keep going. Things will get better. flowers

Resilience16 Tue 06-Sep-16 04:30:50

Well done for finding the courage to leave.
Write a list of the reasons you left, and look at it if you feel yourself wobbling.
Having it there in black and white is helpful as you can't minimise the stuff that went on or look back with rose tinted glasses.
If people ask why you split then tell them as much as you are comfortable with. A simple "it wasn't working out for me" will do if you don't want to rehash.
Good luck with finding somewhere to live. Keeping busy is a good idea. Any split is painful, no matter how good your reasons are for leaving. It will get better, just got to take it day by day.

NewDayNewBeginnings Wed 07-Sep-16 23:28:07

Thanks for all your replies... Have found a place and moved... So that is something... Will find things to keep me busy now

SpiritedLondon Wed 07-Sep-16 23:50:27

Well that's positive then. Did you get lots of good responses to your other posts? Because you know all those lovely people exist in the real world and some great supportive people may already be in your life if you let them in little bit. flowers

myownperson Thu 08-Sep-16 02:03:56

Well done on finding somewhere. It might keep you busy for a while sorting out your new place.
flowers

MintCooler Thu 08-Sep-16 04:18:23

Well done on finding the courage to leave. I admire how brave you are as im in a relationship that I need to leave. Just haven't plucked up the courage like you yet. Enjoy your new found freedom xx

KoalaDownUnder Thu 08-Sep-16 04:26:06

How are you getting on? flowers

NewDayNewBeginnings Mon 12-Sep-16 23:51:11

Some days are good. Others not so much. The loneliness is awful... And I start wondering what's the point in having happiness if you have noone to share it with.. Grrrrr

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now