Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

DH has just joined twitter without telling me

(112 Posts)
StrawberrytallCake Fri 02-Sep-16 18:20:57

I'm a bit worried as my dh has just joined twitter, as stated - made his profile private and not joined up to me...all whilst he was supposed to be looking after our two children. Just before he made it private (he didn't realise this would happen I suspect) I had a notification that he has joined and saw who he started following within which were two relatively famous attractive sports women. He has been working late the last few nights - I know not having an affair because I know the people he was with, but if he had nothing to hide he would surely tell me?

I've got a really horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach, should I catfish or just wait and see if he tells me? Was looking forward to a nice night together tonight and now my heart is racing. Am I being over the top?

CoconutAndVanilla Fri 02-Sep-16 18:24:18

Twitter is for mostly following people and reading tweets, honestly I wouldn't worry too much about it, it isn't like he has joint a dating site... I don't think you'd gain anything out of catfishing.

StrawberrytallCake Fri 02-Sep-16 18:26:15

But why wouldn't he tell me or follow me on there...he seems able to follow other women!?!?

I also have an issue in the fact that he does fuck all around the house and has no idea how to look after the children, the one night he has (the last 3 hours) he's spent watching the tv and creating a twitter account.

Poocatcherchampion Fri 02-Sep-16 18:26:46

Catfish?

Lol at not using the internet while looking after children

Trifleorbust Fri 02-Sep-16 18:27:00

Twitter isn't suspicious. Any other red flags? I don't tell my husband every time I do anything online.

PotteringAlong Fri 02-Sep-16 18:27:50

You are being over the top. It's Twitter, he's done the very sensible thing of having his profile set to private, he's followed some female famous athletes. It's not exactly screaming infidelity.

JackandDiane Fri 02-Sep-16 18:27:59

oh ffs op

you arent his bloody minder

StrawberrytallCake Fri 02-Sep-16 18:28:06

Yeah I use the internet whilst looking after the children, but he hasn't seen them all week.

birdieeeeeeeee Fri 02-Sep-16 18:28:15

I didn't know DP was on Twitter but then he is also on Facebook and I'm not.
I trust him, so to me it doesn't matter.

Has he given you any other bad vibes or is it just the lack of telling you everything?

TheNaze73 Fri 02-Sep-16 18:28:20

Tread with extreme caution Op, I'd be extremely cautious. Twitter is rife for it. Innuendos become flirty direct messages & before you know it, boom! When I left my marriage, I protected my account so my ex couldn't see it but, there are a lot of lonely, desperate people on there who crave a bit of attention. If he had nothing to hide, he wouldn't need to protect

JackandDiane Fri 02-Sep-16 18:28:32

three hours to log in? is he very slow?

Tyrionsbitch Fri 02-Sep-16 18:28:38

I think you are over reacting. I hope that doesn't sound harsh as you sound very insecure unless there is a backstory... Surely joining twitter is not a big deal? I don't think my dh told me when he joined (I don't have an account anyway) and I know that ha follows some attractive sports women (who will never have noticed that he is following them 😀). Why not just say that you had noticed that he had joined up?

PotteringAlong Fri 02-Sep-16 18:28:45

Also, creating a Twitter account isn't exactly onerous - he could easily look after children and do it!

StrawberrytallCake Fri 02-Sep-16 18:29:41

He has given me bad vibes recently - he's constantly bothering me for sex and seems to only be interested in me when he wants that, yet he won't do anything around the house and I'm fed up of being the family slave.

Evergreen17 Fri 02-Sep-16 18:29:48

It takes 5 minutes to create an account and some people have theirs to follow sports news or train companies and so on

StrawberrytallCake Fri 02-Sep-16 18:30:16

Yeah I am insecure, gahh wish I hadn't used this screen name!

Redglitter Fri 02-Sep-16 18:30:45

Yes you're being very over the top It's Twitter he's joined not a dating site. He'll be doing what most pei0oe do following random celebs etc Twitter really isn't what you'd use if you were up to no good.

Insread of making a drama out if it why not just send him a follow request. Catfish?? Really hmm

JenLindleyShitMom Fri 02-Sep-16 18:30:52

confused

There are some seriously scary women on MN at the minute.

Evergreen17 Fri 02-Sep-16 18:30:52

Ah ok OP there are more issues there but I dont think the Twitter thing is one

Northernlight22 Fri 02-Sep-16 18:31:55

If you've had a notification he's joined, why not just tell him you've seen he's joined??

sooperdooper Fri 02-Sep-16 18:32:00

Massive overreaction

AnyFucker Fri 02-Sep-16 18:32:28

Twitter is no different than any other neutral social media like Facebook

Yes, it can be used for cheating. But only by cheaters.

I would be more concerned with him being a lazy twat. But that was OK before he joined Twitter ?

PikachuSayBoo Fri 02-Sep-16 18:33:39

Just ask him?

My Dh joined fb and ddnt tell me. I sent him a friend request and he refused my request! grin

StrawberrytallCake Fri 02-Sep-16 18:34:08

No of course it wasn't ok - we have discussions about it and he apologises and promises he'll do more...then he doesn't.

I guess I'm worried he's a cheater! I know I should trust him but I don't think I do.

CoconutAndVanilla Fri 02-Sep-16 18:34:21

StrawberrytallCake I understand that you are concerned about the whole situation, he is the only one who can answer your questions.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now