Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Men who ask women for money

(16 Posts)
messydesk Fri 02-Sep-16 04:04:10

Im not sure if this is the done thing nowadays? Met this guy and after a month he asked me to loan him £1500. I said no but it was the way he asked, like it was no big thing?

Badbadtromance Fri 02-Sep-16 04:11:28

You dodged s bullet

Glastokitty Fri 02-Sep-16 04:11:30

Seriously? No, this isn't a thing. I hope you laughed in his face. I knew a guy once who claimed if you asked every woman you met for sex, it was worth your while if one in a hundred said yes. I guess this is the same kind of thing.

AyeAmarok Fri 02-Sep-16 04:12:20

Nope, not normal.

And very unattractive.

Yeahyaaaah Fri 02-Sep-16 04:17:10

I've come across this very recently. In 4 months he has asked me for money 4 times. He even asked me if I had a good credit score!!!

NovemberInDailyFailLand Fri 02-Sep-16 04:30:48

Very dodgy. Did he say what he wanted it for?

messydesk Fri 02-Sep-16 04:33:05

No he didnt and I didnt ask as didnt want him to think I was considering giving it to him.

TheNaze73 Fri 02-Sep-16 07:33:37

Seems very odd to me. No financial stability & no sense of pride. What a tit

Shayelle Fri 02-Sep-16 07:35:04

Massive losers!!

pallasathena Fri 02-Sep-16 07:35:15

I think its called entitlement and there's a lot of it around these days. Some men seem to think women are there purely for their convenience and I can't tell you the number of women I personally know who are keeping whole families, including the husband/partner on their salaries alone.
And its not just young women either. I'm in my fifties and I know at least three colleagues at work, of a similar age to me, who are carrying whole families on a single wage; some of it genuine, most of it not as their partners are basically entitled, aggressive, lazy buggers. So, it comes as no surprise that this bloke asked you for money. Hope you told him to piss off!

Madinche1sea Fri 02-Sep-16 08:25:14

MessyDesk - no this is not now a thing at all - never was and never will be. Run for the hills would be my advice!

Ackeeandsaltfish Fri 02-Sep-16 08:28:13

Similar situation years ago, knew him only a month, asked to lend £150. Only I lent it and he never paid it back.

I think it was a test to see how gullible I was. Found out that he owed all his friends money.

virgospirit Fri 02-Sep-16 10:26:59

just scammers, no different from those that say in one breath they love you and in the next say, btw you owe me £20!!

DrDreReturns Fri 02-Sep-16 10:41:10

Very weird. If you'd lent him that money he would never have repaid you.
As an aside I think it's very cheeky to ask friends to loan you money - it puts the friend in a difficult position. If you want a loan go to a bank!

AnyFucker Fri 02-Sep-16 10:49:40

Some women would do it. So to some men it's worth it to keep asking.

AppleJac Fri 02-Sep-16 10:53:18

I dated a guy about 7 years ago who asked me for £120 to tax his car when i had only known him about 5 weeks.

Another guy who i had dated for much longer asked me if he could use my excellent credit rating and get a tv on the weekly payment programme for him as his credit rating was shit.

Both were very shocked when i refused!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now