Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Contact arrangements

(6 Posts)
eeyorel0vestherain Wed 31-Aug-16 06:13:02

I have three dcs with ex h, left him 3 years ago he was physically and emotionally abusive and a bully. Contact with dcs has always been on his terms - he sees them one weekend day, recently it's become every Saturday but he won't actually comit to this he still advises me each week. Now, he has asked for them to stay over on a Friday, which is ok, however, I am going to suggest every other Friday as I feel that every Friday will mean I get little weekend time with them as 1dc plays football on Sunday's. They have also been away with ex recently and were up very, very late - I have some concerns that should this occur when they stay with him the school routine and work will be effected, I work also and we have to be up and out during the week. Am I being fair? I have never stopped him seeing them and always try to do what's best for them. Thank you for readingsmile

BoboBunnyH0p Wed 31-Aug-16 06:27:09

Sounds fine to me for them to stay every other Friday.

whatyouseeiswhatyouget Wed 31-Aug-16 07:07:09

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

RealityCheque Wed 31-Aug-16 07:38:30

Every other Friday and Saturday (plus Sunday if he wants it). Then you have a block of time to yourself and also quality weekend time.

Penfold007 Wed 31-Aug-16 07:53:27

I'd offer every other weekend, if he doesn't like that he can go the formal route. Children need stability and you need some family weekends as well as some down time.

eeyorel0vestherain Wed 31-Aug-16 08:15:03

Thank you for your replies - it will be every other Friday night and Saturday then, he won't have them the whole weekend - that would be easier and better for the children.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now