Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

We disagree about having more children!

(3 Posts)
Emmpp Mon 29-Aug-16 00:12:00

My partner wants another child, not necessarily immediately but he would love to have more kids eventually.
The problem is, I don't feel like I want any more.
We already have one kid together and we went through a bad miscarriage last year, together with some financial and work related issues I completely reconsidered what I want from the future and I don't see us having a new baby anytime soon ( or ever).
Have you been in a similar position and how did you work it out?

Gracey1231 Mon 29-Aug-16 00:31:37

I would make your feelings as to why clear, I'm so sorry to hear about your miscarriage, my heart goes out to you <3 these are genuine reasons, I wouldn't straight up say never, just say you have things to focus on more at the moment and that the effect of the miscarriage is still there and you just need time

TheSparrowhawk Mon 29-Aug-16 00:36:11

There is no working it out really, one of you has to accept the viewpoint of the other. Since your partner can't force you to have another child, as long as you don't want another one it won't be happening. If he can't live with that then he'll have to consider whether it's worth continuing with the relationship.

Whatever you do, don't have another baby just to suit him. Please.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now