Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Trail separation or not

(3 Posts)
yoyobananas3 Sun 28-Aug-16 13:49:17

DH and I have been married for 4 years, together 12. We have 3 amazing kids but the spark has ultimately gone from our marriage. Final straw was last night when he went out to meet friends and is literally just after coming home. No real explanation as to where he was etc just said he was going to bed. All the while I was sat at home worrying and trying to keep life as normal as possible for the kids. There was no apology, no nothing just said he was partying. I m beginning to think I cannot move on from this, things haven't been great for a while but the thought of our kids being from a broken home upsets me so much. Any advice?

Drquin Sun 28-Aug-16 14:03:49

"Broken home" is an interesting turn of phrase these days .....
Surely kids having a "happy" or "safe" or "secure" home would be more important ..... Even if that meant the household being different from that which you initially imagined?

But, you mention a trial separation in your title ...... Not a bad idea, assuming you know exactly what it is you are trialling, and how you think you'll establish when & whether that trial has been successful (or not)?

yoyobananas3 Sun 28-Aug-16 14:25:18

"Broken home"...call it what you may, just not what I imagined for the kids. Their dad is fantastic with them, our dd in particular who is 3 adores him so I guess I'm just scared for her. I guess I'm just trying to think clearly at the moment and thought time apart to gather our thoughts might give perspective.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now