Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

relationship dead, how do I make this easy on my daughter?

(5 Posts)
StormyLovesOdd Fri 26-Aug-16 22:55:34

My husband has an OCD I really don't think I can stand to be in the same house as him anymore but how do I end the relationship without hurting our 8 year old?

ImperialBlether Fri 26-Aug-16 22:57:38

Do you think his OCD is hurting her? While he'd have my sympathy, I'd be worried that she would be influenced by that.

You need to stay mentally healthy, OP - this is vital given his illness. That's how you'd justify it.

flowers

StormyLovesOdd Fri 26-Aug-16 22:58:22

we've been together since I was 15, I'm now 46, were married, I don't know how to end it.

StormyLovesOdd Fri 26-Aug-16 23:00:39

She's upset about the arguments, this week has been particularly bad. I just don't know what to do anymore

StormyLovesOdd Fri 26-Aug-16 23:03:46

Hes spent the whole day washing today, still doing it. he getsannoyed with himself and shouts, it's horrendous. I feel sorry for him but I can't help him, he's dragging us all down.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now