Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

I think I might fall in love with this guy!

(6 Posts)
ughnoplease Wed 24-Aug-16 22:41:11

Friend of a friend. Likes me, would never fancy me. Please help me stop!

Musings101 Thu 25-Aug-16 01:42:35

Don't do yourself down. Make the effort, you never know... ;)

TheNaze73 Thu 25-Aug-16 08:29:20

Why wouldn't he fancy you OP. You're the prize not him. You sound defeated before you've started.

ProfessorPickles Thu 25-Aug-16 08:32:03

I thought someone I always used to see around would NEVER like me. Infact I wasn't sure he'd even noticed me, because he'd say hello then make no effort to speak to me.

I found out after 18 months of knowing eachother that he fancied me and was really nervous around me, despite being confident and outgoing!

We'd both fancied eachother for all that time but each thought the other wasn't interested at all. I found he liked me by chance and now we're dating.

I've never been so shocked! So never rule it out, he could be feeling just the same smile

user1472110319 Thu 25-Aug-16 08:45:44

You have given up before you have even sent out a scout party!!

ughnoplease Thu 25-Aug-16 22:08:28

Forgotten I'd started this - may have had a drink last night. blushgrin

We have a lot of mutual friends. It would be very awkward if I tried and failed. And I'm fairly sure I would fail!

I seem to have a bit of a thing for really fancying people from afar, then talking to them and being put off. And conversely really not be keen on someone in any sense and then they grow on me hugely. (Maybe because I know that won't fancy me so it's not threatening?!) I am very shy and nervous around people I fancy

Why can't I meet anyone I fancy that I also like? I've been single over a year now without so much as one crap date.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now