Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

I want out. Pls help me

(5 Posts)
Mrs2ndbest Sun 21-Aug-16 10:25:00

Pls help me. I have a 5 month old baby, 3 and 5 yr old. I cannot live with my partner anymore. All he does is bring me down. Think I need to get away for my own sanity. We aren't married but have been together 11 years and I'm a SAHM. How can I get away from him? Told him I've had enough and his response was you can't even screw a lid on properly let alone sort your life out on your own. He owns everything in his name, my name is on nothing. Pls help me I'm in such a desperate state. I want to get away from him.

notapizzaeater Sun 21-Aug-16 10:26:46

Can you speak to family or friends ? You need to start making an exit plan. Have you access to money/ bank accounts etc ?

Mrs2ndbest Sun 21-Aug-16 10:34:57

Only my own. We don't have anything joint. He often tells me I should know my role and never gets up with the kids because he's not a morning person. I could go on, I don't know how I've stomached it for so long.

Resilience16 Sun 21-Aug-16 11:07:32

Get some legal advice. You can get it free through CAB.Also contact Women's Aid for practical advice on leaving someone who is controlling/abusive.

Rainbowqueeen Sun 21-Aug-16 11:24:26

Womens aid would be a great first step for you

Are you able to call them tomorrow? Can you write a list of some basic info just to help you not forget anything.

Wishing you all the best

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now