Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

People blaming me

(19 Posts)
user1469380647 Thu 18-Aug-16 19:10:23

reported oh for indecent images on pc and everyone blames me for getting him arrested.
the police couldnt stop him coming back here as its a joint tenancy and no young children' what do i say to these people.
I'm just shocked that people would turn a blind eye and that im in the wrong.

AnyFucker Thu 18-Aug-16 19:12:17

Who is "everyone" ?

Where these pictures of child sexual abuse ?

SandyY2K Thu 18-Aug-16 19:16:34

Ignore and don't talk to any of them. How are they contacting you?

user1469380647 Thu 18-Aug-16 19:17:32

my mum, his mum, my adult children.
yes they were of children.

Missgraeme Thu 18-Aug-16 19:18:03

I would be telling your landlord that due to extenuating circumstances you need to either end the tenancy or get it in your name only. Maybe tell him it's in the best interests of his property too as it may be targeted if people turn vigilante.

RunRabbitRunRabbit Thu 18-Aug-16 19:19:19

Move out. How can you live with him?

AnyFucker Thu 18-Aug-16 19:20:58

You know you did the right thing

What is happening re. him being prosecuted and are you still in a relationship with him ?

ayeokthen Thu 18-Aug-16 19:21:04

Wow, so people expected you to find images of the worst thing someone can do to a child and for you to say "oh ok love, what do you want for tea?" Fuck off. You did the right thing, absolutely the right thing. Also, it must have been really tough for you, first finding those awful images and then reporting him. Has anyone asked how you're doing?

ICanCountToOneHundred Thu 18-Aug-16 19:21:56

You did the right thing. I agree with pp about contacting te landlord an explaining, these are extenuating circumstances. Stay strong, you are not the one in the wrong here, he is. I would be tempted to say to your DM if she has any DGC how would she feel about him being around them.

ICanCountToOneHundred Thu 18-Aug-16 19:24:03

You are so far from in the wrong here it would be impossible to see it.

GinandTits Thu 18-Aug-16 19:28:22

This is awful op. As you can see here no one thinks you did anything wrong. flowers

RebootYourEngine Thu 18-Aug-16 19:30:36

You did the right thing. However if i was you i would either get him to leave or leave yourself.

Hissy Thu 18-Aug-16 20:08:33

Fucking tell everyone why! Tell your LL, ask to get him removed from tenancy, fuck everyone else!

Wtf is wrong with your mother that she can't support her daughter? Why does she want you stay with a pervert? Does she enjoy seeing you weakened and miserable? Jealous of you? In a crappy relationship herself?

Every image is a child being hurt and abused. You are doing the right thing, tell them all to piss off and take hard looks at themselves

user1469380647 Thu 18-Aug-16 20:24:28

apparently he should never have let me back from the womens refuge according to his mum.
so she totally supports an abuser and pervert its unbelievable.
his on bail till next year.
i dont see why i should be on streets when im disabled and only a court could end a joint tenancy according to housing.
mum said for me to go but where. i have a police flag on the house.
divorce papers are in.

Isetan Thu 18-Aug-16 20:52:47

They blame you because it's more convenient, which says more about them than it could ever say about you.

Hissy Fri 19-Aug-16 18:26:41

Go to the cab for advice, contact shelter too. They may know how to get round this

You're going to have to turn your back on those who don't support you. Your mum, your kids, everyone.

Yes, they are THAT wrong. And you are THAT right.

Hissy Fri 19-Aug-16 18:29:36

Tell your mum to take him in and he can live there.

Cary2012 Fri 19-Aug-16 19:27:49

Perhaps the truth is too hard for his friends and family to accept yet. No excuse. Tell everyone the truth, get as much help as suggested above that you can. You did the right thing, no question. You should be proud of yourself, and so should your family.

whimsical1975 Fri 19-Aug-16 19:33:43

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now