Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Finally got the truth

(14 Posts)
ilivehappilyeverafter Mon 15-Aug-16 14:00:24

How do you cope after being broken up for a few months and told there was nobody else involved to then finding out the truth there was and still is? It's knocked me for 6, was doing well moving on with my life 😕

pasic Mon 15-Aug-16 14:03:27

The truth sets you free.

ilivehappilyeverafter Mon 15-Aug-16 14:06:12

I know, and Im glad I now know my suspicions were right, but I still feel Ive been taken for an absolute fool.

WavingNotDrowning Mon 15-Aug-16 14:14:07

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

pasic Mon 15-Aug-16 14:17:18

Not a fool at all, you can only be suspicious until you have proof.

Someone else has got the devious arse now, did she know about you?

ilivehappilyeverafter Mon 15-Aug-16 14:27:57

I had counselling after the break up which is why I could move on. Yes she knew all about me, they were friends for years before I even came on the scene.

CoolioAndTheGang Mon 15-Aug-16 14:28:20

At least you can move on now and meet someone that deserves you and will treat you well. I'm sorry you got hurt flowers

pasic Mon 15-Aug-16 14:37:39

If they were friends for years before he met you, I wonder why they hadn't got together before. Is she the type to go for the unavailable?

Queenbean Mon 15-Aug-16 14:38:53

I know it's hard, but see how lucky you are.

Imagine being in the relationship with a man who cheated on his ex-partner for you. How could you ever trust him?

ilivehappilyeverafter Mon 15-Aug-16 14:45:29

I wouldn't, I was never taking him back thats how strong I was. But she is just as bad, married with kids.

ilivehappilyeverafter Mon 15-Aug-16 14:48:28

I honestly don't know why it never happened before. He'd been between relationships before we'd even got together. I don't know if spending more and more time on their shared hobby had anything to do with it.

tipsytrifle Mon 15-Aug-16 15:12:03

Try not to torture yourself with the whys and whatnots. You've been given a get out easy(ish) card by the universe. You know that you are strong and clear-minded. For all the pain, which must be intense, you have been spared even more. Follow your chosen name happilyeverafter.

MissPronounced Mon 15-Aug-16 15:23:27

It happened to me too, though I had had my strong suspicions just before we split. I found it quite helpful in the end, though painful, of course. It certainly helped me to draw a solid line under the relationship - I still felt quite a lot of love for him, but knowing for sure that he'd cheated put an end to any lingering feelings and doubt.

Sorry his confession has rocked you. I hope you can keep moving forwards with your life smile.

ilivehappilyeverafter Mon 15-Aug-16 15:27:52

I needed to here it, it has made me see him for the lying cheating scumbag he really is.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now