Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

What can you do when your good friend feels exhausted with life but can't afford a holiday? Need ideas!

(6 Posts)
Halfwayoranges Sun 14-Aug-16 20:34:47

He's been struggling with a demanding job and can't afford a proper break because of money.

Can I help and if so how?

RosieandJim89 Sun 14-Aug-16 20:43:11

A night out?

Resilience16 Sun 14-Aug-16 20:53:08

I went on a Buddhist retreat once for a week, up in Scotland, you could pay what you could afford.
It was an amazing week, the scenery was beautiful, the meditation really helped clear my head and I came back totally recharged.
Alternatively look at the WWOOF programme, you get free bed and board for helping out on an organic farm.
Hope these help

Halfwayoranges Sun 14-Aug-16 20:59:53

Thanks so much!!! Great ideas smile

Magicpaintbrush Sun 14-Aug-16 21:30:24

House swap perhaps to save on accommodation?

HeddaGarbled Sun 14-Aug-16 21:33:21

Two week's sleep?

A holiday from work doesn't have to be going away. It could just be an extended period of time not having to go to work and doing whatever leisure activities he enjoys.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now