Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Let down by two friends (different social meets) in the same weekend...

(7 Posts)
Halfwayoranges Sun 14-Aug-16 11:15:00

Feeling rubbish about it. I know it's coincidence but the weekend has been a bit of a write off as I had planned it around them.

self pity isn't attractive is it! Feeling down today.

bluecashmere Sun 14-Aug-16 12:43:05

Sorry you've been let down. People are shit, aren't they? I hope you've managed to find something enjoyable to do. A good film, comfort food? How about a walk or a mooch round the shops?

RedMapleLeaf Sun 14-Aug-16 13:02:16

This is shit when it happens. Can you have a good mope in the meantime?

Then, dust yourself down and write a list of things you can do if this happens again (nice, enjoyable, indulgent things!!).

ZaZathecat Sun 14-Aug-16 13:04:26

Were there good reasons for them cancelling?

buzzpopprince Sun 14-Aug-16 13:12:51

I had this happen a few times in the last week, I was really really upset about it.

I did tell one of the friends how much it upset me in the end, though I did say it hadn't just been her. People can be so flaky, and it made me feel like shit as I wouldn't dream of doing that to my friends, anyway a lesson learnt!

Agree with pp, good idea to have back up plans re lovely things to do for yourself flowers

GettingScaredNow Sun 14-Aug-16 13:18:48

Sorry your feeling rubbish.
I know that feeling! I'm usually the one being let down.
Hope your be found something to occupy yourself with flowers

Halfwayoranges Sun 14-Aug-16 17:57:56

Thanks everyone.Feel a bit better now, but felt very sorry for myself earlier!! I can usually see the plus points to being single but today all I wanted was a partner to cuddle up with!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now