Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

What do i do? Friendship

(3 Posts)
Student69 Sun 07-Aug-16 19:30:26

Hi
I won’t go into detail but if people want it I can give it out if it is easier to give advice.
I am a 4th year uni student have been used by my house mates, in small ways and in big ways. (from not cleaning to owing me money)
It has left me feeling hurt, isolated and confused to why they a treating me this way. I have put a lot of effort into this friendship without being annoying or needy and yet I have been treated rather rudely in my opinion. They have never been openly rude to me, they have actually been friendly and pleasant but their action and underline attitude speak louder than words. Writing this is actually making me think they might be toxic friends….. :S
I was living with my main friends but I have a few other outside of the house who I am very very close to. Should I remain friendly and go out more to avoid the bad atmosphere in the house or should I make an effort and try to reconnect with those people I live with. I want to be the better person in this and be friendly but they make me feel awful sometime,
I honestly would like to reconnect with them before they leave and I continue doing my course but I don’t think they are good for me.
What would you do? What have you done in similar friendships?

pictish Sun 07-Aug-16 19:35:11

If they're users who make you feel bad, why would you try to reconnect?

Student69 Sun 07-Aug-16 20:14:58

I am going to be living with them for a year (something I can't change) and I don't want it to get any more awkward that it already is. They were genuinely nice people before they changed, I think I want closer more than anything, or at least a reason why as I can't think on any.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now