Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Sexual overtures

(2 Posts)
ginandlime Thu 04-Aug-16 11:22:37

Name changed as I don't want this to overshadow another thread. It interests me in a weird sort of way as well as freaking me out.
Relationship is rubbish, being dealt with. However, he has started making sexual overtures, sometimes in the guise of a joke. We haven't had sex for years, and I do mean years. For various reasons I don't want to. This however is compounding some pictures in my head that I don't like and have kept buried for a long time and I don't want to discuss them or confront them or anything else.
I'm actually a bit freaked out by this. He's said some odd things about it, and is behaving in an odd manner. I am wondering if it's another control thing. What if it gets worse, what if he starts groping?
Sorry, just not sure how to handle things.

hippydippybaloney Thu 04-Aug-16 11:24:16

Controlling men definitely often use sex as another method of control and manipulation.

As do women but obviously that isn't the case here. Before anyone points that out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now