Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Dating a virgin!!

(28 Posts)
happyandsingle Wed 03-Aug-16 22:44:01

Been talking to a man abroad online. We speak via phone and skype. He lives in a non eu country so probably nothing will happen any way but last night talking he confessed he is a virgin and hes 32!!
I was a little rude in my response because I was shocked and for some strange reason it really turned me of him and i cant explain why.
How would you feel about dating or sleeping with a virgin. I really hate the idea of being a mans first or maybe its just me!!

celeste83 Wed 03-Aug-16 22:46:14

I'd give a virgin a go, not nice to add to the stigma they must feel. Fair play to him owning up. Not sure about the long distance relationship however...

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ToastedOrFresh Wed 03-Aug-16 22:49:03

I'm going to be sceptical here. Is it just something to get your attention ? Some men like to be the first man a woman has. Does he assume women have the same fantasy ?

happyandsingle Wed 03-Aug-16 22:50:41

I use the term dating but we really just chatting for now and maybe meet up in future but I am still open to dating someone right now if I met the right person here.

happyandsingle Wed 03-Aug-16 22:52:57

The country he comes from you basically have to marry the girl before she will have sex with you so its probably true.

celeste83 Wed 03-Aug-16 22:53:28

I have no problem with internet dating but its just the distance betwen you two, how on earth would it ever work?

happyandsingle Wed 03-Aug-16 22:56:39

He wants me to come over at some point for a visit.

happyandsingle Wed 03-Aug-16 23:00:33

I just wanted other opinions about dating a virgin. The idea of an inexperienced man turns me off just wanted to know if im being unreasonable or if others would feel the same.

celeste83 Wed 03-Aug-16 23:05:02

The idea of an inexperienced guy sounds appealing in the way that you can teach him and nuture him to do things the way you like it i suppose wink

ApocalypseSlough Wed 03-Aug-16 23:12:00

The long distance/ not yet met is the issue here.

Queenbean Wed 03-Aug-16 23:13:47

This sort of rings alarm bells in a "British grandmother marries a Turkish waiter" type way

Is there any chance he's more interested in a visa than you?

feralgoat Wed 03-Aug-16 23:16:30

what queen said

happyandsingle Wed 03-Aug-16 23:18:24

Well im 37 and hes 32 so im not a grandma. And no neither of us want to marry each other. He doesnt want to live here anyway. AnyWay distance will prob make it an impossible situation but hes hot and I enjoy our chats and video calls so even if thats it its fun for the time being.

happyandsingle Wed 03-Aug-16 23:21:12

you cant get visa just by marrying someone it doesnt work like that anymore anyway

feralgoat Wed 03-Aug-16 23:53:17

get off the computer and find a real live man

TheNaze73 Wed 03-Aug-16 23:56:29

School holidays in full swing I see biscuit

ahsan Thu 04-Aug-16 00:02:06

He's bullshitting seen plenty of men pretending to be virgins. He's not, in our culture your not suppose to mess about but guess what men and women do before marriage. Wouldn't buy what he says for a second. hmm

happyandsingle Thu 04-Aug-16 00:08:50

Feral thanks for the insult but if im having fun and not harming anyone whats the problem? I can find plenty of real men its just a shame this one happened to live so far away.
I came on here with the original question and as usual its totally changed topic.
Im not asking for a relationship analyis im asking about dating a virgin ffs.

happyandsingle Thu 04-Aug-16 00:10:16

Hes not muslim. From eastern europe

feralgoat Thu 04-Aug-16 00:13:10

you're not dating him

happyandsingle Thu 04-Aug-16 00:17:34

Ok let me put it as I am not dating a virgin but I would feel weird if I did date one how would others feel?

Pendu Thu 04-Aug-16 00:33:36

My DH was a Virgin when we married - it's pretty much the "norm" where he's from. Suited me as I can be kinda jealous blush . We only slept together after marriage also - it's just not an issue for some people .

OutToGetYou Thu 04-Aug-16 21:26:13

I dated a guy in my late 30's who was 34 and was either a virgin or had only ever had sex once or twice.

In terms of the 'dating', he was very needy and intense. Talking about moving in with me within weeks, without any encouragement from me. I had to go to Oz for work for a month and he started looking for projects with his co that meant he could be there at the same time - that was when I ended it.

As for the sex - well, you'd think he'd invented it, but he wasn't very good at it. I simply didn't have the patience to explain stuff to him. The first time we started to get jiggy he came in his underpants. That was pretty unattractive. Also, everything worried him - you know, a little slip, a bit of blood, a funny noise.....all the stuff you ignore or laugh off, he couldn't take in his stride. He also wanted to do it ALL the time, literally one night tried to set the alarm for 2am after we were going to sleep at midnight so he could wake up and do it again. I vetoed that idea.

I only saw him for a few weeks and it was all too much for me.

MummyBex1985 Thu 04-Aug-16 21:37:05

I couldn't do it. I need a bloke that knows what he's doing. I don't have time to be a teacher.

It also puts me off massively but like you, I'm not really sure why. At 18 I'd probably have found it endearing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now