Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

I just want to say thank you

(6 Posts)
wheresmybloodygreencard Wed 03-Aug-16 21:14:00

Hello!
Unfortunately I can't remember my old username, or what email address I used, when I signed up on mumsnet to ask advice. I had a live-in boyfriend, and found out he had pretty much cheated on me or had emotional affairs throughout our 5 year relationship.
I then married him - fresh and new country (I know, I know). I was given some wonderful advice on here, which I chose to ignore. Of course he carried on lying and cheating. Gaslighting. Controlling etc. I found my ladyballs and left him. This was 18 months ago, and I wanted to come back and say thank you. I particularly remember Anyfucker, I think.
I would also like to say this:

Trust your gut.
Take care of yourself.
And it will all be ok in the end. If its not ok, its not the end.

smile xx

wheresmybloodygreencard Wed 03-Aug-16 21:15:12

That should have read 'fresh start'.

SandyY2K Wed 03-Aug-16 21:18:25

Well done for getting shut of him.

Resilience16 Wed 03-Aug-16 21:24:39

Thanks for coming back with an update, and well done for finding those ladyballs!
Onwards and upwards x

UpYerGansey Wed 03-Aug-16 22:22:53

Bloody well done. Your "trust your gut" has given me hope.

wheresmybloodygreencard Wed 03-Aug-16 22:52:16

oh, I'm sorry to hear you're in a place where you need hope, UYG.

Believe me, it was not easy. And many a day was spent in bed in my new tiny apartment, binge watching Miranda with my cat as I was in a different country and had no friends or life.

We are stronger than you think. I promise.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now