Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Online dating tips & how do you flirt?

(5 Posts)
Lullabullacoo Wed 03-Aug-16 19:29:31

Hi, I have been divorced for over 2 years & recently signed up to Match.com. I was last single when I was 22 & now 37 with 2 DCs. I have absolutely no idea how to flirt! My previous relationships were initiated by DPs. Lots of men looked at my profile but only a few messages (mostly odd). I have read other threads & the recommendations seem all different. Is it ok to message first & how do you do it? Everything I think of seems cheesy!

TheNaze73 Wed 03-Aug-16 19:35:35

Good flirting for me, stems from good conversation initially. I'd drop in a deliberate innuendo or euphemism in to the conversation when you're comfortable with the person you're talking to & see how they react. Something very British maybe about gardening & pruning your bush or you've just pulled off a door handle. Think seaside postcard humour. Good luck though op & be yourself smile

Mintychoc1 Wed 03-Aug-16 20:04:20

I wouldn't flirt in an online chat, not unless I'd met them and fancied them. I'd just chat and try to find common ground.

Face to face flirting is easy - lots of eye contact, look interested, smile a lot and laugh at their jokes.

Those innuendos mentioned would turn me cold!

Mintychoc1 Wed 03-Aug-16 20:07:04

And with regards to initiating contact - I would comment on something in their profile - a common interest, observation - any kind of link that starts a conversation.

Lullabullacoo Wed 03-Aug-16 21:08:21

Thank you v much the pointers! Much appreciated 😊

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now