Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Forgiveness

(2 Posts)
Emf123 Mon 01-Aug-16 20:10:46

Hi, I wanted to hear others peoples opinions on this situation I have.
I'm in my 30s with two children to two different dads. My youngest child has just turned three.

When I was close to the end of my pregnancy I found out my partner had cheated on me. This lead to me chucking him out and big arguments. It was a very stressful time and he had to go turn up at his families house with clothes in bin bags. His family stopped talking to me and some of them refused to see my son when he was born because of my name choice.
When Christmas came around they made a point of saying they would buy anything for my other son (the older child from a previous relationship). I went wild and couldn't resist a phone call to give some abuse.
Since then I have kept my distance, I let me youngest son see the family but it's not very often.
Following this there was a death in the family and I was also told that I was not welcome to the funeral.
A few years have passed and they now appear to be holding out an olive branch but I'm unsure how I feel.

I feel that I need to protect my older child from them as they clearly don't see him as family. If I think out it all I still get quite angry. I'm at quite a peaceful place in my life right now but sometimes think I'm being petty by continuing to keep my distance.

Not sure if I'm ready for more of the same.....
Advise?

Amelie10 Mon 01-Aug-16 20:12:51

I would steer clear of them. They sound toxic and will only bring damage into your life.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now